Tuesday, August 18, 2009

C-Loser

Kevin Gregg is not a closer. When the word is used in reference to him, it means C (see) Loser.

What the fuck is wrong with this team? I mean besides Kevin Gregg, Milkit Badly and a host of horrible baseball...

AAron Miles? Are you kidding me? He shouldn't be in the major leagues, much less starting for the Cubs. He shouldn't even be on the bench. He's the best we can trot out there in Theriot's absence? Good God.

DLee has quietly put together a nice season. Good for him. Worthy of a corner infielder at the plate, and his defense -- albeit a step slower -- is still excellent.

Fukudome is having a decent year. That said, he's paid way too much for decent, and I think he's a below average (at best) centerfielder.

Soriano has been terrible. Only five more years of that, Cub fans.

Bradley, despite what we read elsewhere, has been an enormous failure so far. 31 rbi's. Are you kidding me? That's middle infield production, not corner outfield. Meanwhile, all the OTHER free agents continue to rake. Abreu, Ibanez and the one I never mention...Adam Dunn.

Soto -- sophomore jinx or stupid fat stoner? Either way, he stinks this year.

No complaint about the way Theriot has played. He's hard not to like, and for the most part he produces. They should work with him on cutting down his swing in situations, though, that call for contact. He still tries to yank the ball at times and that's not his strength.

Fontenot? Very disappointing.

Reed Johnson. Is he still on the team?

Jake Fox -- has been very impressive, all things considered -- even his defense, which we were told outright stinks...has been pretty good. I look for both him and Hoffpauir to have excellent "rest of their careers" once traded away.

Why didn't we go get Heath Bell at the deadline? Or Sherill? Does Lou really think this bullpen can get us into the playoffs? I don't. More reason that I say it's time to fire the entire coaching staff on this team.

Kevin Gregg couldn't close at fantasy camp. On Cubs.com it says that maybe he's tipping his pitches. I think they meant he's tipping his pitch. That BP fastball he throws to everybody. Blanks? Who the fuck is Blanks? This guy gives up homers to more no names than anyone I've ever seen.

Fuck.

Ryan Franklin got his 30th save last night for the Cardinals. Ryan Fucking Franklin. This guy was a really shitty starter for the Mariners. Like 5 - 16 shitty. And then StL makes his a closer and he's light out. I wonder. If Franklin were the Cub closer and Gregg the Card closer...would Gregg have 30 saves and Franklin suck? Probably. Because Dave Duncan is the best pitching coach in baseball and Larry Rothschild is a toilet duck.

Fuck.

I had such high hopes for this season and they have so totally fucked it up. First with dismantling what was a pretty good team, and then acquiring a shitbox like Bradley and then Gregg and then just sucking along playing shit baseball. I have to say that this has been one of the least enjoyable baseball seasons I have ever had.

I said it on the View and I say it again. Blow it up. Fuck the contracts. Blow it the fuck up and start over. I'd rather watch a losing team that is rebuilding with good, young talent than watch these guys lose.

More later? I doubt it.

JS

10 comments:

cap'n obvious said...

Rothschild is a toilet duck.

The Sherm needs a gray box feature. Agreed on all other counts as well. Time to start DFA'ing these all-stars and dumping whatever salary can be dumped. We're stuck with Bradley for one more year, and Fuko and Sori for a while. The situation is ugly and it is Hendry's fault.

shermrants said...

I'd rather root for a bunch of nobody's while they lose games than this group of overpaid, underperforming ingrates -- especially if the result is also losing.

But you gave me an idea. Grey Boxes. Watch for a view post in the next couple of days.

Dr. Demento said...

I hope you are not talking about senior citizens.

69 fan said...

I'm going to go backwards and comment on your song...loved it but don't know the melody. Unfortunately I think I know the ending of the song...

Doc Raker said...

I agree Sherm on all points. I have to add I need to wonder if Aram is starting to show the China Doll Syndrome of PED users.

I was in shock when they signed Bradley in the offseason and have had a hard time getting excited about this team, least enjoyable is a good slogan for this year. I thought Adam Dunn was worthy of debate for signing but I really thought Bradley wasn't even on the radar- and then wham- Hendry announces he had dinner with him and all of a sudden he is a good guy. That's like having dinner with Osama Bin Laden and thinking you can convert him to Judaism with a good heart to heart. Then the DeRosa trade and the Single A ron Miles signing.

Well, the sabermath of those guys didn't pan out like they thought. Did Hendry even look at Bradley's avg from the left side of the plate, good God. And they signed for a left handed bat.

Like I have said before, it is a train wreck and I can't help but to watch, even if it makes me physically ill.

Doc Raker said...

The song is outstanding. I was at IU when Uh-Huh came out so I am very familar with John Cougar since he lives just outside of Bloomington and the whole state went ape gregg over the guy. Wait, I mean ape shit, this is Sherms blog, sorry.

Little grey boxes for you and me! Fucking hillarious!

Lily Greybox said...

2 questions: did you sing along when you read the song? And admit it...has the tune been in your melon all day or what?

Unknown said...

The word of the day is Fuck.

Fuck.

Smitty

Doc Raker said...

Is anybody interested in playing at the Westcoast fantasy tournament in Stockton CA Sept 25,26 and 27. We could catch the Cubs and Giants on the 24th.

shermrants said...

What the hell is a Smitty?

Does it have a blog?

I can't play in September...wish I could.