Monday, August 24, 2009

Damn Cubbies

In what could be a modern day version of Damn Yankees, the Cubs new owner should sell his soul to the devil in exchange for a world series win. I've given it a great deal of thought, and I'm okay with it. It's worth it.

More on this later...or not.

Hey, I just used stats to rebut a comment on the view. Watch -- they are going to say that MY stats aren't good stats. They have better stats. I used old unreliables like batting average (gasp. How dare I? I mean, who uses batting average to determine hitting prowess? What's that, you say? Everyone? What's that you say? That's what they use to determine the "Batting champion?" Really? There's no big trophy for BABIP leader?)

Wait for it. Wait for it...

5 comments:

shermrants said...

and there it is. Took like 2 minutes. Wow.

Doc Raker said...

I spent the last 4 days explaing a simple base running play. Anytime you criticize Milkit is because you hate Milkit, not because he ever deserves criticism.

Are any of you interested in playing a fantasy tournament in Stockton Sept 25-27? We could watch the playoff contending Giants beat up our Cubs on the 24th also.

Anonymous said...

I heard the greatest statement yesterday from this twit sports guy, " nobody likes this team(cubs), they just can't get anyone to like them and it shows at the turnstile" I agree. They have no personality, no passion, no enthusiasm, no professionalism, etc. etc. I'm given the rest of my tickets away. See you in 2010. JSalz

Doc Raker said...

2010 might not be much better.

R. Mink said...

2010 could indeed be worse. Anyone know a reputable tattoo removal place?