Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hats Off

Hats off to our very own BadMojo Man...aka Cap'n Obvious for his stunning victory in the inaugural King of the Castle contest at the View. With a brilliant satire on the acquisition of Milton Bradley. Lampooning at it's finest. If you haven't read it, please do so.

Once again the bullpen gives me a heart palpitation. Fuck. I agree with those who say that Marmol needs a week or two at AAA. Whatever it takes for him to find the strike zone.

I was reading that the Nationals are going to be making some trades...trying to build for the future, and that one thing they seek is a second baseman. I'd give them Fontenot and some pitching for Adam Dunn. Right now. Dunn and some pitching. Whoever. Gone. Throw in some other losers. Oh, and Bradley. He'd do well in Washington DC, with all the other entitled bad attitudes.

I have work to do, but I wanted to congratulate db on the major win. Enjoy the prize. (there is no prize.)

js

5 comments:

Doc Raker said...

Congrats, it was brilliant. The writing was superior, and funny in a make you laugh kind of way.

Marmol needs work, send him down. I haven't seen him pitch this year without putting the first two men on base. I thought he was going to blow it. Angel Guzman and Shawn Marshall are the best we have in the pen right now, I was suprised Lou didn't go to Angel last night.

The problem with a trade now is the Cubs would be one of the last teams that could claim Dunn off of waivers. All the teams lower in the standings would have first dibbs to claim him. How I would love to see Milton go in a trade.

Moe Diggliani said...

Capn's article was a work of art. I'd know.

badmojo1b said...

thaks for the kudos. We'll see if I can stay in the castle for more than one week.

The Bean Blog said...

Send me the Camp info and pre camp.

How many we got going in January to the tournament?

p

Raker said...

westcoastfantasybaseball is having a tournament in Stockton in Sep 25. It is held in historic stadiums, anyone interested? I am going to try and put a team together.