Monday, March 9, 2009

Early to rise

Good morning, all...

I still keep the same hours -- just haven't felt that I've had anything worth saying. The Cubs are playing awful in spring training. Fundamentals are poor. Piniella is pissed. But "they have time." Kind of like the playoff attitude, isn't it?

Note: Mark DeRosa played left field and third base...and drove in four runs for team USA. Someone please tell me again why we traded him? Who are the three knuckleheads we got in return?

Even at 7:1 -- I wouldn't bet a dollar on this team to win the world series. I sure hope that Jiminy Crickets (is that the new owner?) and Hendry can make the necessary changes to improve this team. I don't have the faith that they will, however.

More later when there is something to add...

Positives: Heilman, Marshall, Theriot.

Negatives: Taguchi must go. Rivas, too. Miles has been awful so far.

js

2 comments:

69 fan said...

Laughed my ass off looking at our banter about Manny on the muskrat blog.

Ivan Rodriguez has yet to find a team...back up to Soto?

A-Rod had surgery this morning in Vail. Same place Kobe had his Knee done. If he's staying at the same hotel, I hope he remembers that room service prefers not to use the back door.

Anonymous said...

at least the WBC games have been watchable...looks like we won't finish 13th or whatever this time, too. Keep having fun with Muskie...its entertaining...