Thursday, March 5, 2009

Greetings from Las Vegas

In this economy, I still can't understand how these places can charge $84 for a steak...and have a waiting list to get in. Am I missing something?

I didn't go see the Cubs last night -- could have -- but had a dinner that conflicted with the game, and to be honest I am not a huge fan of exhibition baseball. I enjoy the hot stove stuff...when something is actually happening. ST is a necessary part of the game and I semi-follow win/loss information and who's doing what. I just find it hard to care until the real games begin.

Not a big fan of Vegas -- those of you who know me well know that I lived here a long time (high school here, college here, married here) but there isn't anything here for me anymore. I find it kind of cheesy and two days is my limit. Chuck E. Cheese for adults. That's what Las Vegas is.

Enjoying the Marsh Rabbit (muskrat) banter. Searching for inanity makes her blog tolerable. Wish I had time for more.

Gotta run. Vegas beckons.

js

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

bring some money home. $82? Order the chicken.

Anonymous said...

I concur on Vegas, it is for the masses, chuck e cheese for adults is perfect although the kids at chuck e cheese are better behaved.

One of the best bachelor party's I ever went to was not in Vegas. It was at that rat hole Dobson Ranch were the carpet smells like ass. We played golf and took in a couple Cub spring training games at Banc One ball park the last weekend of ST. Checked out the party around the park and had a great time. No one ran off and lost a fortune playing craps or got their credit card stolen by a hooker, it was refreshing.

The Manny saga has ended or did it just begin? When will these owners stop bidding against themselves, the Dodgers should have offered him $15M 1 year no deferred payments, let us know if you want it, end of discussion. Instead, if he has a good year he files for free agency again and if he has a shitty year he stays and they pay him, just like Andruw Jones. Isn't Boras Jones agent also, couldn't they have used that fiasco to their advantage. "Yeh, yeh he's the best just like Andruw Jones right Mr Boras?

Do we know who bestestfanever is on Rabbitt's blog?

69 fan said...

Well, I know who the bestest fan ever is and you should too.
I just left a ridiculous trade idea in the muskrat blog, should we pick up the pace?

I actually like Vegas, usually lose 1 to 10 dollars gambling, and several hundred on shows. at the risk of being called a girl, I really like the Bellagio fountains. 4 or 5 years ago I stayed there for a conference and built my day around the fountain schedule. You can also ride the Deuce up and down the strip all day for $5. though at times it's faster to walk.
I watched the game last night, Theriot is in mid season form. I also was flipping to the Mariners/ Australia game. Garret Olsen looked solid. 4 K's in 2 innings.
Ed Lynch was down on him when I asked why we would trade him for Heilman. I hope they are right, but.....

Anonymous said...

Vegas is slow.
I'm at the Bellaggio for dinner hoping to catch up with da Sherm.

Would not have know he was here if it wasn't for the blog.

Read Smitty's Blog. Starting a fund raiser for a little friend of mine

Anonymous said...

Smitty has a blog?

69 fan said...

Hey sherm,
On the VFTB site it appears that you keep normal human hours.

I think my View from UNDER the Bleachers moniker is inspired.

Anonymous said...

BIG NEWS ON SMITTY'S BLOG!!!!

You may C Yourself on WGN~!

Anonymous said...

Stick with your own blog...Yours is better then the Bleacher Bullshit

Anonymous said...

Smitty has a blog?