Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My takes

I like being undefeated.

The man crush is back on Mike Fontenot and will stay as long as he hits .750

Fukudome should not bat second. He should bat not.

Soto gave himself up in an at bat. Moved Fontenot to third for Theriot to sac fly him in. THAT would not have happened last year. He must have picked that up in the WBC.

I predict a very solid outing from Dempster tonight. Seven innings. Five hits. One run.

The king of the solo homer strikes again. Why does anyone throw him strikes? I'm not complaining, just sayin'

What if the Yankees start 0 and 7? Fire sale?

Jake Peavy lost yesterday, so I don't want him anymore. I want Roy Halladay now. He's 1 - 0.

I think we should trade Carrie Marshrabbit to the Astros for Allyson Footer.

Derrek Lee is really 43 years old, isn't he? Warning track power in Houston? In left field? Come on, dude, work out or something. Big, tall damn Juan Pierre is all he is. Without the speed.

I'm done for now. Have to catch a flight.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

3 comments:

69 fan said...

Last nights game was a familiar pattern, look in control early, stop scoring runs, and give back runs late. It should be easier to score in the late innings than the early ones, but that's not the way this team usually plays.
Alf will walk on 4 pitches in his first at bat IF he does not swing. But that won't happen. Gotta like Hoffpauir.

I "heard" ( OK, I started it) a rumor the Astroholes want Peavey. I may make this a running routine for the blog sites of who ever we are playing. please join in... and don't forget Rich Hill.

Doc Raker said...

belikemike posted in Milwaukee, something about trading that obese vegeterian, belikemike is a baseball genius.

Doc Raker said...

Why is Dlee still in the line up?

Did Milkit Badley have an injury Sunday night ot was he just doggin it? Good to see Lou take him out on the spot either way.

Poopadome looks good, but it is only April.