Thursday, April 2, 2009

I am not dead

I think, therefore I am.

After reading Gordon the Sasquatch's incoherant rant this morning on the View (hey, wait, am I on the View? Which one am I, you ask? Elizabeth, of course.)

Where was I? Oh, yes...the grammatically incorrect and unspellchecked ramblings on the unshaven one. I decided that I needed to post a Shermrant.

First of all -- yes, I have been lying dormant. Why? I'll tell you. 1.) I hated the WBC and had very little to say about it other than that. 2.) Spring Training was way too long and it bored me. 3.) I've been busy and numbers 1 & 2 above didn't feed me any good ideas that I felt I needed to share -- so I posted on the View whatever I had, which wasn't much. Although I got some love for the Milkit Badly moniker, thanks.

I've been waiting for the season to start so that I can once again rant about our beloved Cubs. And I will.

Here's today's question. Ought I continue with an occassional post on the View every now and again? Or should I go Star Jones on their ass and leave?

Is it okay to type fuck on this blog? I can't remember.

Here's my problem with the View. I've tried REALLY REALLY hard to be nice. I'd LOVE to really engage some of these people and slam them for their opinions -- but that doesn't seem nice. And rule number 1 is to be nice. I hate nice. Should I break the rule? Stay and let them know how I really feel? What are the repercussions? I'll be fired? Banned? Slapped silly? Mocked?

So, have no fear -- I have not forgotten the rant, or the loyal rantees. Plus, I have a feeling that this year's team is going to piss me off early and often.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

11 comments:

69 fan said...

And on the 14th day, he is risen.
Not only can we say FUCK on this blog, we can also say Whopper and Jizz, both of which were blocked on the Muskrat site.
More later, gotta go ...Heart attack, not mine you know...

Berg R. King said...

Honestly, though, have you had a whopper lately?

Doc Fock Uff said...

If you can't be yourself why bother. The white washed be nice sherm don't tell them they are douchebags isn't really worth the clicks to get there. I read the 'autograph snub' post but couldn't even go back to read it again with the comments since 'be nice to my friends kid' just isn't that compelling to engage about.

Be yourself, rant, piss off, get cranky and let the clicks fall where they may. Got it Mr. Nice Dip Wod?

Smitty said...

Stay here...Be yourself.

I will be at the Cubs opener!

YESS! Build the Blog as I build my Coffee company.

Now in LA, Austin, Fort Worth, Tucson, and other places SOON!

Glad your still alive.

Anonymous said...

I got an extra to the opener, any of you dicks intrested. J SALZEIDER

BEARS GET CUTLER said...

oh! by the way can't even read that VFTB shit. Most of those dudes haven't seen a fly ball coming at em let alone caught one. That shit is so moronic I can't even look at it. Ever watch a movie or a reality show and say to yourself " that dude is going to do something so stupid I can't even watch this. That's the way I feel when i read it. It's so sophomoric and so beneath you sherm. WE all have a life and then the cubs, those dudes have no life but the cubs.

badmojo1b said...

I pretty much draw the line at posts on strat-o-matic or fantasy baseball. Aiello=nerd. As I said to Doc Blooper on Tuesday, I think its better to have 6 readers that can think and comment, than 12 readers where six are morons. I am looking forward to Sherm's efforts to get fired by the View.

Anonymous said...

Had to aplogize for saying dude three times. See what 3 days with SO CAL guys and a texas hillbilly will get you. Love J

69 fan said...

This site has been the most fun over the last year and I too cast my vote to this one being your primary outlet.
Though I occasionally laugh my ass off at our comments on the muskrat blog and the reactions from dimwits who don't get it.
VTFB does include different views, but I also have no use for fantasy baseball that does not involve me putting on a glove and swinging a bat.
I suggest a profanity laded view blog and similar copious comments to test their will on keeping it clean.
Nothing quite as satisfying in life as teaching some one else's kids to cuss.

Yu No Hoo said...

Plus, I love the innuendo. (As Groucho Marx once said "people come through the door, but birds come innuendo.")

For example -- the putting on a "glove" and swinging a "bat" fantasy? Classic case. Merely by changing the quotation marks from "putting on a glove and swinging a bat" -- the whole sentence changes.

I'm considering what to do with The View. Attacks seem childish and unfair. Who wants to have a battle of the wits with unarmed opponents?

Plus, I'm pretty sure that Lizzie is Carrie Muskat.

I Swarealot said...

One more comment -- my grandson is 21 months old and learning words right and left, so my daughter wants me to clean up my language around him. Don't tell her, but I'm teaching him to say "effing A"

That's not dirty, is it?