Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's about damn time

Finally. Gerald Perry is a Cub memory. Von Joshua might turn out to be a good batting coach. I hope so.

I was looking at the box scores this morning, and at a glance I think we are the only team in baseball that doesn't have a .300 hitter anywhere in the lineup. Pretty odd, considering the payroll.

Got to like the Twins. Low payroll. Small market. Always in contention. Why can't we ever have a Joe Mauer on our team? We end up with guys like AAron Miles. I don't get it. And now that ownership is all fucked up...who knows when we'll make the moves that need to be made?

My thinking? I don't believe that this lineup can be "tweaked" into success. I think we need wholesale and dramatic changes to get the offense going. We have a fine starting staff -- one of the best. Hard for them to win if we can't score, however. Time to shake it up. Big time.

Funny -- anyone remember when it was rumored that the Cubs were considering Raul Ibanez? In retrospect, I change my opinion. Can I do that? He's having a decent year for the Phillies (decent = fucking unbelievable.)

We better not lose a game to the White Sox.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

8 comments:

cap'n obvious said...

we'll split with the Sox. Not ecstatc about Joshua being the guy. The poor approach to hiting has been shown by the AAA guys when they came up, too. I'd have love to have seen a guy brought in from outside. Reggie Smith or Rob Ellis.

Here is a link to an article written by Ellis a few years back. I love this guy.

http://baseballtips.com/13reasons.html

Doc Raker said...

Yes, Raul Ibanez or Bobby Abreau would have been a better choice than Milkit for sure.

I totally agree with blowing the position players up. Every position player other than Aram should be on the trading block. And Milkit shoul dbe benched for not paying attention, twice in one game. When he lost the fly ball in the sun, he wasn't paying attention, he didn't see it come off the bat, then he couldn't find it, he wasn't even looking in the direction of the ball, it wasn't lost in the sun he just never saw it.

Ed Lynch said...

How about Orlando Hudson? The Dodgers signed him when spring training started. Asleep at the wheel.

cap'n obvious said...

No one could have predicted Hudson would be this good.

Buck Martinez said...

I heard many baseball people speak very highly of him during the offseason on XM.

Orel Cornholer said...

I want to be the pitching coach.

Anonymous said...

Nine other GM's are laughing their fucking asses off about the Milkit signing.

The Bean Blog said...

I'll be in Escondido next Friday

Smitty