Friday, July 31, 2009

The big trade

Okay. Big deal. We got a couple of lefties for Hart and nobody. I think Grabow helps this year, somewhat, and I think Gorzelanny has a lot of promise. He did win 14 for an exceptionally shitty Pirate team in 07. Plus when he's on the team, it gives us four pitchers with the letter Z in their name -- which might lead the league in that category. Or not. Dave would know.

We also have four players whose last name could also be a first name. That may or may not lead the league. Dave would know. Five if you count Ted Lilly, although I don't know anyone named Lilly with the extra "l".

I wonder if Adam Dunn is available? The Nats are out of it. Probably not.

Nice to see back to back boxcars -- can't remember the last time we scored runs like that. Even Milkit had back to back one rbi games, which for him is a floodgate of run production.

Now that the Red Sox has been forever tainted with steroid scandal, I am shocked. Who would have thought that David Ortiz -- after being released by the Twins -- was juicing when he magically starting hitting 40 bombs a year? Stunned, I am. And I thought it was extra time in the cage. He did it right, though. He gained 140 pounds so you wouldn't notice the extraordinary size of his melon.

I say let them all juice. Let pitchers doctor the ball, too. What the fuck? Why not?

And I propose a newer "winner take all" rule for baseball. You negotiate your contract. Whatever it is. Fine. But then it gets broken down to a "per game" salary. And that is how you are paid. After the game -- just like in the old days. The owner comes in and hands you a check. Unless the team loses, in which case they get nothing. Only the winners get paid. Maybe then we'd see some better baseball. More intense, anyhow.

Whatever. Now I'm just rambling. See what happens when I blog with nothing particular in mind?

Sherm

4 comments:

69 fan said...

If a blogger blogs in the absence of comments, does it make a sound?

Donald Fehr said...

Brilliant, get paid on winning. How about the minimum plus a bonus with every victory. Imagine how hard they would play and the clubhouse policing they would do with eachother. Soriano might even bunt to move a runner over. Oustanding.

Good blogging, good blogging.

Doc Raker said...

Start blue box -I say let them all juice. Let pitchers doctor the ball, too. What the fuck? Why not?-
End Blue Box-

Like a friend of mine says, 'why should I care if they kill themselves entertaining me. I like 700 ft jacks. Keep taking it, I don't give a shit if they drop dead at age 50.'

cap'n obvious said...

nice to see Bradley get a bunt down in a key situation last night. Time tomove him to the #2 hole and let him work counts...