Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tired of Soriano

I am completely tired of this guy's act. I didn't see tonight's game, but I "watched" it on my phone while at the airport -- you know what I mean...pitch by pitch. Here's what I "saw" and it thoroughly pissed me off. Two singles to start the bottom of the second for the Cubs. Soriano fucking whiffs, because that's what he does when it matters. Fontenot flies out. I assume this could have been a sac fly had Sorryass moved the runners over. Hill singles. Should be two runs right there. 2, not one. Oh, by the way...and then we don't lose 2 - 1. Maybe we still lose. But not 2 - 1.

I don't know the repercussions, and I'm too tired to look them up -- but DFA the turd and let Sam Fuld be our everyday left fielder. I don't care about the money. We're throwing it away anyhow.

In fact, jetsam Soriano and Bradley and let Hoffpauir and Fox and Fuld play...a lot. Save a fortune. Here's my thinking -- I would like the Cubs more if they did that. Like is purely subjective, so don't throw any fucking stats at me, but I'd like this team more without Bradley and Soriano on it. I'm sorry if that makes me a bad Cub fan, but that's how I feel. I can't stand either of those guys and it pisses me off as a long time Cub fan to have to suffer them at all...much less suffer through their shitty seasons. There. I said it. I want players on the team that I can like.

And I don't like those two. Not a bit.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

7 comments:

Doc Raker said...

Amen. Jetsam them both, I am all for it.

Do you really want to win with Bradley? He is such a jackass. It's like Dodger fan. Can an old school Dodger fan really root for Manny. I know the nuevo bald headed fat baggy shorts Dodger fan can root for him but can the O'Mally's really root for that jagoff. I think not. And I can't root for a $17M man with more holes in his swing than my cheese grader and a $10M petulant child that can't hit for shit. DFA them both or trade them to Cleveland for Victor Martinez. Play Fox, Fuld and Hoffa.

I do like Lou moving Sorryassano down in the line up.

Anonymous said...

Get rid of Bradley and Soriano.
My comments on Sori do not not differ from last year...except that hopping shit.

I'm back...Missed you guys.

Smitty

shermrants said...

What is a Smitty and from where on earth did it come?

69 fan said...

I think this Smitty thing must be a typo. When ever I type it into a comment, the spellchecker wants to change it to Smutty. This could be Freudian, or just intuitive. There is a link on this page that also says "Smitty", if you click it, you go to a blog from several years ago that is static. I must conclude that this Smitty is an apparition.
Q E D.

Oh, and I can't fathom an owner who would flush that kind of dough.

And lets just assume that Lizzie is hot, as it makes the day go by smoother. Perhaps Joe could slim down the face on her blogs.

Joe Pepitone said...

I knew a Smitty once. He got picked off of first base after lacing a single into the outfield, kinda like the Polack did at camp.

Can't be the same guy, what are the odds.

I worry Lizzie isn't hot cause I think she digs me.

badmojo1b said...

hate to say this, but if you gotta pay the worthless jagoffs, you might as well let them bring down the ship. They are making over $25 million a year combined. Could this be the end for Crullers Hendry and his merry band of field coach morons? Lou included. This is a train wreck right now. I have to watch because I want to see how grisly and gory it will be as it plays out.

Disenchanted Sherm Fan said...

No all star break rant? Hello, anyone in there?