Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Feels like Rain

Another game, another song title. Perhaps my favorite "rain" song -- an old John Hiatt...

Hey, if it takes the rain to get us a win, I'm good with it. It also kept the bullpen in the bullpen and what's left of the bench on the bench...so it worked out all around.

Milkit Badly did not get a hit and his average dropped to .196 but he did walk twice and score a run so now his FY12.ab/h/defcon9 percentage is yellow.

If guys are going to miss a week or more...why not DL them? Give someone from Iowa a chance to see some action. Is Lee injured or just out with the flu? And if it's the flu? He's a pussy. I can say that here. I can say whatever the fuck I want here.

Here's my biggest question for you -- since we are playing with less than our best lineup -- ready? How come the Cardinals are winning and in first place with a minor league team on the field right now? What's the difference? Is it the way they play vs the way we play? Coaching? Pujols in the middle? Just wondering. Their pitching doesn't seem better than ours.

Adam Dunn update. Hit his 15th last night...in another losing cause. And he hasn't once complained about the umpiring.

Get Peavy. Stockpile pitching -- you can't have enough and he's a great starter with a long term deal. Just do it.

I think Piniella is senile. Get rid of GPerry now. And Rothschild. Hire Greg Maddux as a pitching coach. Promote Von Joshua for hitting coach. If Piniella can't make it work with those two...get rid of him, too. Maybe Dave Magadan is ready to take a team...

More later. Or not.

Sherm

10 comments:

badmojo1b said...

now his FY12.ab/h/defcon9 percentage is yellow.


with or without the gray box, this is hilarious and should be seen by derfwad Dave.

Doc Raker said...

I agree, hilarious, please post elsewhere.

The Cardinals have Pujols in the middle of their line up, that would make any team better. It was like when Dusty had Bonds in his line up for a decade, that single handedly made Dusty's managing career cause we know it wasn't his handling of the bullpen.

69 fan said...

The Cards have also benefited over the years from low expectations. Playing the game relaxed can be more fruitful that talented guys playing with sticks of TNT up their ass.
Please post your milkit stat elsewhere, it's a hoot. Though I do give Hasbro props for his OBP.

shermrants said...

no no no. I quit derfwad.com last night. He called me snarky and I won't stand for that. Plus he says I mock him. How can I do that when every comment he makes is a totally mockery of himself? He's a mockabater.

Doc Raker said...

Just one more mock on derfwad.com. Pease!

What is this snarky? Humorous while mocking I would suspect.

69 fan said...

We all mock him. That's the fun of it.
He set me up with a hanger yesterday and I made a frequent flier joke at his expense. No body said anything, but I amuse myself, so it's all good.
And besides, just look at his website, he just begs to be mocked. Assail away.

Doc Raker said...

RJ deserves to play everyday, he is clutch. He has good at bats in clutch situations. I don't know if saberdickwad has a stat for that but RJ is clutch.

Bradley tripled today so his FY12.ab/h/defcon9 percentage is now yellowISH.

How come we can't grey box, slash and all that cool stuff they do over at derfwad.com?

KCB said...

Off to LA. It's coffee time!

Just got my suit dry cleaned.

cap'n obvious said...

from today's derfwad post...

"This Cubs team is starting to show some spunk!"

and they bitched at me for calling free agents that hate cold weather "pussies". No consistency at all over there.

I will be dropping FY12.ab/h/defcon9 percentage is yellow smack on the derfwad very soon. Just waiting for the right moment.

Doc Raker said...

I got a nice little stat thread going with the holy rollers. Drop it in dere.