Saturday, May 2, 2009

Coffee, Tea or Smitty?

I am still wandering around out here -- don't give up on me. I've just been slammed lately, what with the new business and travel and all...

I try not to post unless I have something to say -- and lately, well, I'm using up all my creativity elsewhere apparently.

I am interested in Smitty's business. He has legally changed his name to Juan Valdez Smith. In fact, I understand that his coffee is infused with absynthe. If you find a brunette tramp and wish that she was fairer of hair? Give her some of the coffee, because you know what they say -- absynthe makes the tart grow blonder. Smitty's coffee does not really contain absynthe to the best of my knowledge.

Cubs won the series against a pretty decent Marlin team --- at least they've been decent so far. Lilly was excellent today. We need more games like this one. Easy on the bullpen. Early lead and slowly pull away. Gotta love it.

I read somewhere that Smitty be eventually update his blog. Smitty has a blog?

Whatever they've been feeding Theriot? Don't change it.

I really, really wish we had Adam Dunn. I think that will be the one that got away for us. He's got no protection in that National line up -- and is still mashing the ball. Big 3 run bomb today. And 23 walks already. And not once did he get injured drawing a walk. Not once.

Well, I wish I had more, but I don't. I hope to leave on time and get home sometime tonight.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

11 comments:

Ward Cleever said...

"Mashing the ball"?, like 'really whip it in there', like 'he can really throw that speed ball'.

About time we put a few W's together, if only we had a bullpen in game 1 of this series.

Smitty said...

King Coffee Bean is being turned into a Childrens Book.

Presented to some Hollywood types that worked on Shrek in 2 weeks.

Jump on board boys while you have a chance.

Stock opportunities!

S. Presso said...

Okay, Smitty, I'm in. I'll have a half caf half decaf mocha latte with skim and cinammon. Oh, and a scone. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Children really relate to King coffee beans???? Shrek was a ugly, dumb ogre with a gastric problem, what does king coffee bean do? stain teeth, bad breath ?? just curious J Salzeider

69 fan said...

Caffine also shrivels your balls.
Oh, wait a minute thats steriods.

And apparently bananas.

Doc Raker said...

Yeh, I don't get the coffee and kid connection, please exsplain.

69 fan said...

I know Joe is trying hard to let us in on how to use the gray box, but I just don't seem to be able to do it. 14 years of post graduate education has not prepared me for the interweb.
It's nice to see that Dave is an asshole to other people than just us. Makes it easier to just disregard everything he says.

Coffee to children? whats the matter, they catch on too quick about cigarettes?

Doc Raker said...

I don't get the grey box either, they start talking in an other language and I am lost, like I am at a heart surgeon's seminar or something.

KCB said...

When Im getting paid...you will say I KNEW him.

Shrek make MILLIONS....so will the Bean.

Watch Wait....and Wish you were me.

I got my book off the ground ..unlike others....with a GREAT artist.

Don't hate the Player...Hate the Game!

Tired of the fools said...

Sherm has a blog?

Worried in Wrigley said...

Hello Sherm, are you OK.