Monday, May 11, 2009

Sherm has a blog

Outstanding -- thank you for the wake up call. Yes, I have been absent. No, I don't have a good excuse for it. Except that I've been busy, but what kind of an excuse is that? I am starting up a new business, but that is not a good enough reason to have abandoned you. I am only up twenty hours a day -- easily I could sneak a good blog in now and again somewhere in the other four. I will try to do better. I promise.

I have not seen much baseball this year, unfortunately. I can tell from the box scores and what I read that we kind of suck right now; especially the bullpen. I can tell you this -- Aaron Heilman will turn into Bobby Howry if you pitch him every single day. Lou and Larry fall in love with one guy and use him to death.

I did see the loss to Milwaukee -- 3-2, game one. I think the offense lost that game more than Heilman did. Bases loaded. One out. Following an IBB, Theriot swings at a bad pitch and cues one. Umm, Ryan? It's okay to take a pitch every now and again even though you are suddenly more powerful than DLee.

Note: Adam Dunn is hitting .311 with 11 homers and a lot of rbi's. On a shitty team. Real shitty.

Milkit Badly has been on a tear of late and has raised his average up to .175 -- impressive.

Jason Marquis is actually off to a very good start in Colorado. What did we get for him again? Oh, that's right...nothing. Mark DeRosa is starting to adjust to the AL and hit the ball. What did we get for him again? Oh, yeah. Once again, nothing.

I'll try to be more attentive -- now that the season is in full swing. Really.

More later. Or not.

js

7 comments:

Doc Raker said...

Don't tell me you are opening a King Coffee Bean franchise? Or is King Coffee Bean a childrens toy store? I am not so clear on the King Coffee Bean concept.

Ryan is trying to hit HR's now. Did you see him K in the 3rd game in Milwaukee, even Brenly dumped on him. "Oh that's not Ryan, he should shoot that to right field not try and jerk it out of the park." Good job Bob, way to keep alert.

Peavy will be pitching on Tuesday, he is 2-4 so we will see what we would ahve gotten for our 7 players on Tuesday.

Dunn would be better than Hasbro.

Joe Camel said...

Dunn would have been the right acquisition for a number of reasons, even if Milkit were playing better.

Peavy is going to want to prove a point. Watch out.

69 fan said...

Welcome back from your spring hiatus.
I have watched a lot of baseball so far this year, but because it has mostly involved the Cubs, I haven't seen a lot of base ball, if you know what I mean.
Lou made a point that coming out of spring training, nobody was on the DL. Times change. My only real concern for the club is the bullpen. They mostly suck. I guess I don't care much that Kerry Wood has comparable numbers to Kevin Gregg, I would have preferred Kerry. And DeRosa over Miles. Though, it may have been much harder to start Fontenot over Dero. Milkit ( I heard an on air broadcaster call him Hasbro) will come around, but I'm not so sure about DLee. And I find I don't much care. Hoffpauir is fine at 1b.

Over at VFTB, somewhat interesting points of view get consistantly mocked by the brainless Dave. I wish I could just call him a stupid motherfucker and have the comment stay up for more than a few minutes, but for some reason, we must remain civil. Sometimes it's just the right thing to do to point out someones flaws in a profane and derogatory fashion. You can't have a battle of wits with the witless.
Just saying.

cap'n obvious said...

VFTB Dave is not there to come up with any new ideas...he is a one trick pony. He will disagree and nitpick with anything he can. I must be making good points of pate, because Dave doesn't seem to have any dickbag remarks on what I have said.

Doc Raker said...

Dave is a social misfit, he must be so insecure that he has to argue everything to prove he is better. He is a douchebag, or maybe he is the kid that was never picked to play in which case I feel sorry for him, everyone should have an opportunity to play the greatest game.

I don't why Joe must protect him so.

Doc Raker said...

Joe completely erased a comment of mine that was simply me quoting Dave in a blue box "Carrie has no conflict of interest" after he argued that her conflict of interest is the same as any beat writer. Obviously a contradiction.

So I simply highlight his contradicting statement with no other comment. Joe erases it completely. Joe is going to far to protect this jackass.

The Bean said...

meeting with Paramount pics on Thurs.

Tonight Investors in Hollywood!

U2 can get in...better than stocks