Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baseball, Baseball, Baseball

I was going to do a political rant. Suffice to say, I decided against it to spare you the diatribe. The oversaturation of politics this year has numbed me...probably all of us -- which I believe was the point -- specifically to take us all OFF POINT when we vote. I voted already, always vote early...not like it matters much in California since they'll call the state by noon.

Rockies are shopping Matt Holliday. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Wrigley -- can he play right?

I think we need to resign Dempster and go get Peavy. Letting Dempster go and signing Peavy is only a marginal improvement -- how much better than 17 - 6 would Peavy be? Anyone think that Demp can do that again? I do.

Short blog today -- have to leave early. Spent too much time on a comment from yesterday...

best to cb

Sherm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take Holliday in a second. One of the best young hitters in the game. I'd wager my right not that Dempster nover has another season where he is over .500. He just doesn't have great stuff, and he, like all of us, is getting on in years. Throwing huge jack at him would be a waste. Peavy in young and throws hard, which makes him worth a lot more. Both would be nice, as I believe that a .500 number 4 pitcher is more than adequate.

69 fan said...

Hear me heathens and wizards and servants of sin.... oh well we've beat that one to death.

How about big Z as john Blutarski..... Lou Pinella as Dean Wormer.... Ryan Dempster as Eric Stratton....Carlos Marmol as Otis Day.....Ryan Braun as Doug Neidermeyer....Bobby Howry as Flounder.....and, Jim Edmunds, Aramis Ramirez, Hank White, and A scruffy Mark De Rosa asking the "immortal question..."can we dance wid your dates?"

Politics should be entertaining, but not uplifting for the evening.

One thing I've seen of Hendry, If he can, He will. I expect no less this off season.

Anonymous said...

READ THE UPDATES OF ALL UPDATES.

SMITTY!

Also...Rockies are shopping Willie Taveras...per an inside source

Anonymous said...

First off, Smitty doesn't have a blog.

Secondly, Obama is banned from my site. Let him ruin the US on someone else's site.

Third, who gives a shit about Willy Taveras? Plus I read that on a trade rumor site two days ago.

It's a dark day for America

Anonymous said...

The man won...landslide...hands down.

Our leader in the House disappeared years ago.

It's almost like he pushed a button and went Ooops!

The US stated by the turnout and votes they needed a change.

I voted but I did not vote for either candidate. I was a write in.
That is how disgusted I was/am with the whole scenario.

He's got a tough job...and all we can do is hope and pray for the best.

I wish the Cubs were playing...better to bitch about them.

It will be interesting to see what Randy's turnout is like in January.

Enuff said.