Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving (slightly belated)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who read this!

Things I am thankful for but didn't mention at the dinner table yesterday...

> That the Cubs won their division and at least allowed us to have that swagger all season last year. I hate it when the swagger is gone in May/June.

> That my wife somehow was able to surprise me a couple of years ago and send me to the Cubs fantasy camp -- where I met some great former professional ballplayers...but more important than that I met directly and indirectly everyone who reads this blog and THAT has been a truly great thing. I appreciate all of you. Best part of camp for me? The friendships.

> That Jake Peavy will soon be a Cub and that the future looks incredibly bright for the team.

And other stuff, but I promised to get some things done around here today -- and the football on the telly looks very unwatchable to me...so I'd better get started if I'm to get it all done.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!

Best to cb --

Quote for the day is an old Zig Ziglar line: "I never met a happy, ungrateful person."

Sherm

No comments: