Monday, January 19, 2009

Dunn

I read today that Adam Dunn's price tag has dropped and the best he can expect is about $5mil a year. For that, I'd say sign him. Right now. We know he would like to be a Cub...and if he can be an affordable Cub -- just fucking do it. I know. I know -- what about Fukudome? I've thought of that. Trade him to that Asian massage parlor in Naperville for Miss Hapi N. Ding -- it's a fair trade. He'll make some businessman very happy, Joe.



I like our lineup with Soriano, Bradley, Lee, Dunn, Ramirez and Soto in it. Wedge Soriano between the two lefties and watch out.



Theriot

Fontenot

Bradley

Soriano

Dunn

Ramirez

Lee

Soto

Pitcher



You have to admit that's one powerful lineup. It's one Doc Raker after another.



You could bat Lee second and move Soto to seven and Fontenot to eight against certain pitchers.



Sure...it'll never happen, but it's fun to speculate.

Sherm


here's an added thought for the day: if we're getting all these players to send off to San Diego for Jake Peavy...why not just go get Ben Sheets and keep them? Peavy will be available later in the season...for a lot less, and a healthy Sheets is as good as it gets. Sign him to an incentive laden contract, perhaps?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noted you didn't go over the defensive alignment with that line up. I would rather have Dunn than Hasbro but I don't know if I coulsd stomach an outfield of Soriano, Hasbro and Dunn. I would sign Dunn and trade Dlee to SD for Peavy, even eat some of his contract. Then we would be World Series bound.

69 fan said...

I thought we had been over this. Dunn is done. Like last nights g-string, he's of no use to us now. Nowhere to put him, at any price.
Docraker is right about the defense, I would hit .500 against it (assuming I could get it out of the infield).
Peavey is still on the radar, but Dunn is Fini.

Anonymous said...

Per a previous blog...the last one.
You did pay for autographs...but you got to play ball at Cubs Camp.

$4000 plus later...and a bunch of autographs

Second-

Smitty's blog is worth reading. And it will give Sherm something to talk about.

psmitty.blogspot.com or
Click Smitty on Sherm's Blog Page

Anonymous said...

we're not getting Dunn. No way now how. We should have. He's better than Sorry Candyland Mousetrap. And half as expensive. I am starting to think we should wait until June to get Peavy. The cost will be significantly less. I am still shaking my head a little at the Pie thing. He and Gathright are essentially the same guy. That guy is Juan Pierre.

Anonymous said...

Adam Done. Let's move on.

Anonymous said...

Adam Done. Let's move on.

Anonymous said...

smitthy has a blog?