Friday, January 23, 2009

New owner

Well...it does appear that the team has new ownership.

I understand that the guy is a huge fan...which could be good -- provided he knows about baseball. If he's a big fan and a baseball idiot...it could be painful. Time will tell.

Have to agree with Mojo about locking up Marmol and Soto long term. Good idea. Have to check with Merv Griffin on the other guy. Is he still alive?

So, to be fair and learn a little more about the new owner before I bash him, I figured I'd google him and get some info. Here's what I now know. Rickets is a softening of the bones caused by lack of vitamin D, calcium or phosphate. Also called Osteomalacia.

That was helpful.

Then I read between the lines. Vitamin "D". Get it. Defense. We will play good defense this year. And Vitamin D can come from the sun. So we'll be awesome in day games. It all makes sense now.

I'm here to educate you. Going the extra mile. It's what I'm all about. Who says this blog isn't educational?

Anyway. Swear this guy in, or whatever you do with a new owner, and let's get on with it. Bring me the arm of Jake Peavy. Bring me the bat of Adam Dunn. (I know, I know.)

Bring me a world series championship. If not for me, than for our fathers and grandfathers. And if not for them, than for me. Whatever. Just do it.

Good luck in Mesa -- those of you playing. Good luck in camp -- those of you going. If you can comment from there, please do so.

Remember: measure twice, cut once. Wait. Wrong adage. Try this one: stretch, you old men. Yes. That's it.

Sherm

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the new owner will have a sit down with Fonzi and move him out of the one hole, Lou wouldn't like the over reach I am sure.

Off to the Melee, will stretch, thanks for the advice. Got my Maple bat ready to hopefully rake.

I agree with Mojo, lock up Soto and Marmol long term for sure.

Anonymous said...

good luck at the melee. Don't get hurt.

69 fan said...

A maple bat... what do you plan to use for your second at bat.

Rickets for the Cubs, should not be a problem as sunlight exposure causes people to produce vitamin D.

On a related note, the Pirates are soon to be sold to a Robert Scurvy.

I wonder what famous person I get to meet at this years Camp? In the last 5 years I've met such luminaries as Eddie Vedder, Phil Donahue, Mark DeCarlo, and Alan Sherman's son. Oh, yeah, and Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ryne Sandberg, Jody..Jody Davis too!

I thought I read "bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia", but my mind was jumping ahead of my eyes.

Anonymous said...

if 69 fan thinks Mark Decarlo is famous, he's sure to be wowed by Dan the Dentist from Darien at this year's camp. He's got a show on local access over by 'dere in Darien.

Anonymous said...

Dan the Dentist from Darien is a hilarious show.

Anonymous said...

9 for 12 at the melee in Mesa.
2 RBI's
1 Run

.750 BA

9 Singles. Thank god for Stallion Legs.

You are all invited next year or October 2009

Anonymous said...

9 for 12 and only one run scored?

Anonymous said...

I got on base....

The hitting behind me lacked.

Gotta get em out of the infield with 2 outs.

Anonymous said...

mostlikely means 3 clean base hits, and 6 ground balls that were 3 hopped across the infield by Dan the Dentist...