Monday, January 5, 2009

Mark DeRosa

Is still an Indian.

I dearly wish that I had something to report this morning. I've been searching for something positive...but have found nothing both Cub related and positive to say. As my mother always taught me -- "If you don't have anything nice to say, say it in print." Or something like that. She babbled a lot and I didn't really listen.

Ryan Dempster has come out in favor of signing Training Room Elmo. And TRE's former manager, Ron Washington, says it's not that he "doesn't care" -- it's that "he cares too much." Oh. Okay. That makes me feel better. At least we'll know that when he's sitting out, he still cares. A lot.

I wonder what the collective IQ of the team is now -- without Ivy Leaguer Mark DeRosa to bring it up? High double digits? Less if you include the coaching staff.

Mike Fontenot had been missing for three days. They found him, fortunately, in Alan Trammel's face. Apparently, he'd been spelunking. Lou Piniella was busy at Hometown Buffet, and was unable to comment.

Before I go -- why do people point their keys at their car when they are locking and unlocking it? So the keys can see which car they mean? Morons.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milton Hasbro is a Yale grad. He went through a particulary cruel hazing at the Tri Delts which left him angry, as the story goes. Hendry is a Tri Delt from the Dominican Republic Pelotas University and did his post grad study at Dunkin University in Donut Indiana. Word is Hendry is going to reconcile the hazing incident with Hasbro.

Hasbro met with Hendry at the local Dunkin Doughnut. Hasbro's car wouldn't lock when he pointed his key at his car, he punched the car and injured his hand. Hendry understood it was because he cared about the car to much, a good charachter guy to replace Derosa Handry thought while munching on his half dozen.

Cmon Jim, wake up.

Anonymous said...

Before I go -- why do people point their keys at their car when they are locking and unlocking it? So the keys can see which car they mean? Morons.

I don't get it...Must be you!?

can I collect my $200?

Anonymous said...

*
o ▼ January (3)
+ Mark DeRosa
+ Breaking News
+ Various thoughts and miscellaneous comments

* ► 2008 (224)


I AM PROUD OF YOU 224 posts in 2008!

I did 84 ...Guess I have some catching up to do. Figuring that you like to look at pictures..
U need a new tattoo with the Milton Bradley Symbolon it!

How special!

Smiffs

Anonymous said...

224 - 84. Kind of like Ga. Tech vs. Cumberland. Take away the pictures and it is Ga. Tech vs. Cumberland.

Anonymous said...

I love this blog even though I can't remember my initial username and password, gotta sign everything now. Feel like Billy Williams sitting in my jock strap at my fantasy locker as Smitty gives me another scorecard with his two hits on it to sign. I'm fretting another year on no "bash bro" contact so we better get to a cubs game this year, somewhere. Sorry, gotta rant on something, anybody sign up for MLB TV? J Salzeider

69 fan said...

Oddly, My car key did not lock the door this morning no matter where I pointed the damn thing. I had to put the key in the lock. How barbaric.

84 posts on the Smit-o-meter?, I think he misplaced a decimal point.

Blueberry muffin myself this AM.

Camp will seem hollow, but I did get 3 commitments from last years team so far. Maybe we can pick up an outfielder who hops before catching the ball, but I'm certain we will look like the real Cubs with DL stints and shoddy infielding.

Man sherm, you are right, this is boring without any real baseball news. Looks like just enough Minnesotans did like Al Franken.

69 fan said...

Oh yeah,

I did tune in to the new MLB network (channel 213 on directv) over the long weekend. Saw most of the perfect game from the 56 world series. thier schedule did not exactly match thier programing, but was better than re runs of law and order.
yesterday was this most recent world series, and I chose not to watch.

Overall, a plus.

Anonymous said...

Is it really the number of posts or how many post people actually view/read/see/comment on/digest/laugh/cry/love that count?

In those terms it may be much worse than the score presents. Numbers can tell any story really.

I just keep my car key in my pocket and when I walk up to my car it automatically unlocks as if it knows me, I push a button on my dash to start the car, and when leaving the car I simply touch a button on the car door to lock, all while the key stays in my pocket. No pointing, clicking, holding, fumbling of a key for me so I must be smart, like Momma says.

I pitty the fools who still insert keys to start cars, so 1900's. I will legislate keyless cars for everyone.