Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The well is dry

I've run dry on the Uno Parcheesi topic. Sorry, I like that one. For now.

Don't want to talk about the DeRosa trade.

Marquis is gone. Fine.

I really don't care about Felix Gathright.

Our middle infield is now composed of the Gaedel triplets. Great.

The rotation is the same. The bullpen, I think, is slightly worse.

We'll be very sorry to have let Ceda go so cheap. Clip and save.

Ownership is up in the air and that's holding up bigger deals. Or not.

I've got nothing. I don't care about the Cub Convention. I'm not going to Randy Hundley's camp, nor will I be attending the Mockery in Mesa, or whatever it's called.

I'm tired of reading about Mark Teixiera. He signed already. Let it go.

I got an iPod for Christmas. I think I'll try to find my top 1000 songs of all time. Feel free to send your recommendations. Madonna and rap not accepted.

More later. Not really.

Sherm

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

bring your iPod by the house...I'll put the best 100 songs on it for you.

69 fan said...

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah...
Not only is CAMP GRENADA a song, it's sung by a guy named Sherman... AND it's a BOARDGAME.

Could there be a more appropriate song for your ipod.

I think the second verse starts.."I'm Jake Peavy...please trade for me...Petcos boring....I need ivy.."

or something like that

Anonymous said...

finally, some fodder. Or faddah, as it were.

Allan Sherman (or Dad, as he's known to me) also wrote the funniest book ever written. It's called "The Rape of the APE*" --

*American Puritan Ethic

Check it out. You'll like it. Plus Dad gets a nickel everytime someone buys it. I know people think he died in Nov. 1973, but that was just a ruse to keep the throngs out of our yard.

Anonymous said...

I told you I don't like Barbra Streisand or Barry Manilow.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Barry Manhole?

Isn't he Clay Aiken's Dad?

Anonymous said...

Stevie Ray Vaughan pretty much anything he plays is worth while and to start I would go with Couldn't Stand the Weather. Roomful of Blues "Under one roof" is awesome. John Cougar Mellencamp "Scarecrow", any Zeppelin and Old Aerosmith is also worthwhile , not to much of the new stuff. And I dig Elvis and Sinatra too.

The Chicago media is reporting the Peavy talks are back on, maybe Jim was setting something up?

Hall of Fame election time.
Who should be in? I am sure we will here lots of whinning from Bert Blyleven camp and those chowder heads in Boston when Jim Rice doesn't get in.

Dawson? I think he should be.
Grace? First year- no.
Lee Arthur? Can't decide on the 1 inning closer era if they deserve. At least Bruce Sutter and Goose Gossage earned their saves with 2-3 innings of work.

Texiera had the balls to run the 'it's not about the money'line at his press conference.

Anonymous said...

I saw Dave Buss play...and he doesn't belong in the Hall, no matter what the numbers say. Still one of the funniest things I ever heard...ask Doc Raker...classic.

Anonymous said...

How Dave Buss got 13 votes to the HOF is beyond me. I saw him play, it looked like he was swinging underwater, whoever voted for him needs his baseball credentials revoked. I also heard he had bad body odor but who wouldn't playing in wool uniforms all summer long. It must be true, I heard it on XM radio.

Anonymous said...

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081010/MNH020510/81010038