Friday, March 14, 2008

On the ball

I am tired of all the testicle jokes. I really am sacked out on the whole subject. It's nuts, I tell you. Let's put the subject in the bag and leave it there, okay? I mean, there is a vas deferens between being funny and going to far. Words can be a weapon. Remember, the penis mightier than the sword.

By the way, why do they call it an "orchidectomy" when a gonad is removed? Instead of a jewel heist? Does that imply that the "bulb" itself is really a flower? What do they call it when an orchid is removed? A "clackerectomy"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppore it would be a downer to point out that it's really an orchiectomy, not an orchidectomy. Orchis is greek for testes which is medicspeak for balls.
CR

Anonymous said...

http://www.nci.nih.gov/Templates/db_alpha.aspx?CdrID=318820

It's pronounced "Or kee eck toe me", but I spelled it right!

By the way, Murnyak is Greek for black balls