Thursday, March 27, 2008

That's what I'm talking about

Good game yesterday. Zambrano wasn't perfect, but the team came back to win anyway. The pitchers need to know that they can give up a few runs from time to time and still win ball games. They need to know that an early mistake (3 run dinger in the 2nd) isn't the ballgame.

Pie is playing well and hitting, too. Averaging around .350 now in ST. Maybe it was a maturity issue. Maybe it was the twisted nut. Whatever, nice to see him getting on base.

I have been dogging it on the literary front. Sorry to those of you...er...the one of you who reads. I know I need to get that going, but have been busy. Really. I do get busy. Really.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you aren't that busy.

Anonymous said...

dammit, am I that transparent?

69 fan said...

I'm off to vegas this eve, hope to meet up with smitty there.
Hold on to the home front.

Anonymous said...

Read my blog...I;m back

69 fan said...

As long as the season is about to begin, I thought I would leave a few predictions for posterity ( in case anyone ever asks).

1 Ryan Dempster will be a Stud. He will have the best numbers on the staff by the All-Star break.

1a Smitty will claim to have foreseen this, but will get his glowing comments about some wanker named Podsednik instead.


2 Fukodme also a stud, Pie, not so much.

3 A former player of a team we hate will become a Cub and thru great play, win over Cub fans and the aspca.

4 Steve Bartman will throw out (and spike into the ground) the first pitch of this years World Series in Wrigley Field.

5 The drought will end.