Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The final third

Well...here it is -- the final third of the season.

Brewers are on a roll. Thanks to the Expos for rolling over. Nice series. I saw better pitching in the LLWS. We need to beat up on Atlanta. I think we have to win four of six on this road trip. Prefer 5 of 6, and sweeping both the Braves and Marlins would be another statement. I like the pitching set up...Harden, Marquis, Lilly in Atlanta, and then Z, Dempster and Harden again in Florida. Z needs a strong bounce back game after getting tagged by the Cards at home.

DBacks acquired Adam Dunn. Anyone think that puts them back ahead of the Dodgers for the west title? Or were they there anyway because of their pitching?

Speaking of Atlanta -- worst airport in America. I see that Mojo made it home safely from his Chicago excursion. His golf clubs are now being used in Newfoundland to club baby seals.

I fly United, myself.

Let's beat those Braves...

JS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still no clubs. A "delivery service" is supposedly bringing them. I will be checking them all for seal blood. At least there wass no game yesterday, so I didn't miss anything.

There was a flyover by 2 F-18's before Friday night's White Sox game, and I couldn't figure out why...until the place turned into a war zone after Sunday's game. It's always nice trying to explain to gift horse's 4 year old son why the men are punching each other in the parking lot. Awesome.

69 fan said...

$3,500 Golf clubs should come with Tiger's wife for at least a couple of weeks.

Adam Dunn now gives the snakes 3 of the top 5 or 6 in the league in strikeouts. And he's smooth as a gazelle in the out field. Nice addition.

I still like our pitching, consistency on offence should allow us to come home in decent shape.

Why won't the cardinals die already?????

Brew crew needs to play down to their capability.