Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Now THAT'S a good day

A nice win, well pitched and well played. Couple that with the Cards losing to the Pirates and the Astros spanking the Brewers, and you have a perfectly terrific Tuesday of baseball. Let's keep it up. We need to take care of our business and keep beating people. I really think we need to, and can, go 11 - 2 in these last 13 games of August.

As long as the Astros "think they can" -- let's hope they keep beating the Brewers. I really want to see the Brewers fall out of the playoff race. Late slide by them, someone else gets hot and gets in. CC Sabathia for the farm. For nothing. Sweet.

Fukudome had a late single and a couple of rbi's. Yippee. I'm not convinced yet that he's the guy (the bat) that we want (need) in the lineup every day.

Rich Harden is very impressive. Wow. I am starting to think he was worth Eric Patterson. (Who is hitting .125 with the A's -- which is higher than Murton was before they optioned him.) Billy Beane doesn't make many mistakes, but the early read on that trade is that the Cubs got the best of the deal.

As for my personal television viewing -- could we please get a little more Olympics and a little more Election coverage? I just am not getting enough of that.

Who's taller? Costas or Fontenot?

Keep pulling away, Cubbies...keep pulling away. (also Smitty's motto from camp, but that's another story)

Speaking of camp. Who's going in 2009? I am probably not.

Well...there is work to be done. If I think of anything worth adding, perhaps I'll add it. Perhaps not.

best to cb

js

2 comments:

69 fan said...

A good day indeed!
Me thinks there is a wrinkle in the Sheets. Seems Ben may not like being upstaged by the fat tub of goo and has responded by being routinely beaten since the trade. Nice!

Is this the week the Cardinals finally start living down to expectations?

Just keep cruising along, not major line up shifts, just rest now and then.

A couple of weeks on the DL did Z some good earlier, maybe all of them should get skipped now and then. (except Bobby Whackit, use in blow outs only).

I shall be at camp, you should be too. Mojo could bring the twins (or maybe not).

About 2 years ago Directv added my local channels. For the preceding 10 yrs or so, I watched Los Angeles' local news. Boy do I not miss the election commercials.

Anonymous said...

Always slamming the King.

Not much to say except great game.

I lost faith in Fukodome and his ballerina spin swing.

I saw Sherm do that quite often. Especially when he was the catcher.

TOnight should be interesting.