Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yuk

Awful game last night for a number of reasons, not the least of which was the rain.

Why can't we hit that kind of pitcher? Guy with basically nothing. We swing at every first pitch, never go deep into the count and make him look like Tom Seaver. Unbelievable. That guy should never beat, let alone shut out, this team. Terrible offensive approach..

Fukudome looks worse and worse to me. He might be the weakest hitter I've ever seen at this point in his major league career. Bat him 8th or leave him on the bench. The patience is gone. He can't make contact with any breaking ball. I'd rather see DeRosa in RF everyday with Fontenot at 2b. He's had a few hits since the all star break...but nothing much, in my opinion, and in the clutch? He vanishes.

I like Orel Hershiser, but I am tired of hearing him say "when I was the pitching coach for the Texas Rangers -- we know, Orel. You've done two things. Pitch for the Dodgers and coach Texas. We get it.

Weather permitting, we play again today. I think we need to score at least one run to win. Thoughts?

js

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, the Sunday choice is based upon the ticket availability my friend has. There was a time, oh, about 6 months ago, that I'd have just spent the money on Cubs tickets, no matter how ridiculously overpriced they've become due to the Ogdens and thier newfound obsession with them. Now I have college tuitions to pay for and such, so the tickets to Freemiskey might supercede a $300 trip to Wrigley. I have to look at pitching matchups as well.

Not that it really mattered, except to the old coach here, but why the hell wasn't Dempster backing up home on the play at the plate that Fukodome chucked a la Sosa into the dugout? I had to rewind the old Tivo to make sure he wasn't just late getting there. Nope, he was pouting on the mound. I am concerned with the glove flipping garbage, and now this. I fear he might be buying his own hype. Calm down and do what got you here Dumpster.

I really hate when big leaguers don't do the basic things that are taught to little leaguers. Its embarrassing, and really insulting to the Ogden throwing $300 of his comic book money at Cub tickets.

Yes, I saw Edmonds make the catch. It wasn't that great.

Wanna know how to keep from getting robbed in Montreal? Hide your money under the soap.

69 fan said...

Anyone who favored calling the game due to lightning and rain obviously never saw the natural.

I hate the Astroholes.

I like the thought of scoring being necessary to win.

Smitty said he would update his blog more frequently. I think that is a relative statement.

Let me digress for mojo's benefit.
My Daughter and I saw Maddox's 300th win in San Francisco a few years ago. Sat next to D Lee's aunt and uncle that game.(Saturday). On Friday we sat next to Dusty's parents and Brother and 2 rows behind Moises' Wife and 2 kids. He hit a ground rule double and they were the only Cub fans there not standing. Boring, I guess.
Sundays Game I had front row seats at the outfield side of the Cub's dugout. Could look right down the bench. I bought all of these tickets on stub hub and paid around $1100 for the 6 tickets total. ESPN decides 1 week prior to the game to make it a night game instead of a day game. Our flight out was about 6 PM. So I coughed up anpther $500 for airline tickets, $200 for another night in the hotel, and missed half a day in the office.

It was worth it.