Monday, September 29, 2008

Off to the postseason we go

Not exactly the way I'd have liked -- with a win, and facing the Mets, but what the hell...at least we are in.

I've been laid up -- so I've been Smittying the updates, sorry.

Re: Saturday - someone please teach Felix Pie to say "I got it" and then catch it.

Re: Sunday -- I think it would have been an important win. Too bad Lou didn't think so.

Re: the Dodgers -- they have some experience and youth...a nice mix. Furcal seems healthy. Kent is back and Manny is Manny. I think it could go five games.

Re: the Brewers. I hope the Phillies beat them because I really don't want to play them in round two.

In the AL? As long and the White Sox don't make it, I don't care what happens.

More later when the drugs start to wear off. Or not.

best to cb

js

1 comment:

69 fan said...

Sorry to hear about your bum hip.

Strange week end for me watching a number of games with no real pressure or conflict. The wild card was a race that only one of the 2 teams could lose, so there was no chance for a really satisfying weekend. The best thing, was the first priority. No game in Houston today. Knowing that required a Cub loss, or a Marlin one made the 1-2 weekend a ho hum one. I agree with Lou that a win yesterday was not the most important goal for the day.
Did Bobby Whackit play himself off of the roster, probably not. I would have felt better with a decent inning of relief from Marquis however.

White sucks have to win 3 in a row just to get in. I like the odds of them on the sidelines.

Aaron Rodgers, 3 1/2 games in before getting injured. Who would have thunk it?

Brewers have only 1 pitcher against whom we have won 2 of 3 starts , with the 3rd being the equivalent of a play day for the regulars. Bring on who ever, We have the talent to beat them all, but Philly is the one I least want.

Dodgers,.... If Derick Lee can find it in his heart to talk with Jeff Kent at first base, they could implode. All he has to say is .. "
Manny told me he ruined your wife for other ball players. I'm hoping that is not true as I was looking forward to heading back to LA."

That would take care of the series.