Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who cares

About the Twins and White Sox? As far as I'm concerned, it's a non baseball day.

I'm pulling for the Twins because I hate the Sox, but think that either of them will lose to the mighty Rays in round one anyway. And the Rays will lose to the winner of the Angels - Red Sox.

I have an odd feeling the Red Sox are going to cruise past the Angels. Don't know why I think that, just do.

AL MVP will be K-Rod, but not according to Mark Grace who said "they have their own award." I still think he'll win it, because he's not getting the Cy Young.

NL MVP should be Ryan Howard.

Managers of the Year? Maddon in the AL. Who else? In the NL? Could be Lou. Dark horse is Cecil Cooper -- have to give the Astro's credit for hanging in as long as they did after an awful start and the loss of Carlos Lee. Torre? No. They weren't in it until they got Manny and he had nothing to do with that.

Have a great Tuesday...much more to talk about tomorrow!

best to cb

js

5 comments:

69 fan said...

A lot of folks don't think the California Angels are as good as their record given their division. I'm one of these people, and would not be surprised if they lose to the Red Sox. K-rod built up a number of his saves against this less than stellar competition. Al MVP... oh, who cares,,, it's the AL.
I want the White Sox out as quickly as possible as well, but will likely have tonight's game on in the background as at least it is baseball. Last night was rough. I had to listen to continuing education tapes as no baseball, and a Monday night game that not even their mothers could care about.
I can live with Ryan Howard as NL MVP, maybe the Phillie's can cough up some cash for him.
Lou's a lock for NL Manager of the year, As is Maddon in the AL. Torre should get all of the AL East votes except cashmans. Oh, wait, they don't get a vote.

Eamus Catuli

Anonymous said...

AL Cy-Cliff Lee
NL Cy-CC...but they give it to B. Webb
AL MVP-I think its Mauer...an everyday catcher that hits .330
NL MVP-Howard or Pujols
NL Mgr of the year-Fredi Gonzalez
AL Mgr of the Year-Ron Gardenhire
both guys did the most with the least.

I hope the Sox win. Either way they lose in the first round.

Anonymous said...

Dodgers will be tough.

Lou as NL Manager of the Year.

What else....Manny needs a hair cut.

Hug me!

Anonymous said...

Manny got a hair cut and hits a yard!

What happened to Dempster....Walk Walk Walk BOOOM!

Memories of previous chokes.

Does the curse of Bartman exist?

PLEASE WIN THE NEXT GAME!

Anonymous said...

Wow! No Sherm Update?!?

Even I was ahead of the "curve" for once.