Friday, October 10, 2008

Big hits

Win ball games. Simple as that. See Phillies. They found a couple of DLowe mistakes and turned them into game winning runs. It can be done.

I'm not a big fan of either NL team, and I hope/think that the AL team wins it all. Not that I'm really paying any attention to it.

When are the winter meetings? Now that's what I'm waiting for!

There weren't as many homers this year as years past. I notice that no one hit seventy again. Or even sixty. Or even fifty. Anyone other than Ryan Howard get into the 40s? Why is that? What could it be? Speaking of which, do you think the "steroid era" in baseball will also be known as the "dead balls era?"

best to cb

js

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, its the post-steroid era where the balls will be dead. Please save your Murnyak-strain jokes...I can recite them to myself if I wanna hear them.

69 fan said...

I only managed to stomach slightly less than an inning last night. Still disgusted.
Nice ad campaign about the shrinking balls, I wonder if Sammy's acne has cleared?
I could support-strike that- not be revolted by, the Dodgers,but as soon as I say that, I doom them too.
Cub organizational meetings Oct 19th , I think I read.
Really, were you pulling that San Fan rumor out of your butt?

Anonymous said...

San Fran rumor is just that -- I did read it, however, and will look for the source. If I can't find it, I will check butt.

Here's to me.

Chucky Larms

Anonymous said...

I have roids...does nothing for my batting.

as in hemm

They dangle like my balls.

Anonymous said...

Johnny B is the lone Cubs Fantasy Camper attending the Wood Bat tournament this year.

Maybe next year for you guys

Anonymous said...

Oh it says Big HITS....
for a minute there I got confused.