Monday, October 27, 2008

why don't they understand that it's over?

Yesterday after church, some knucklehead asked me if I saw the last inning of Saturday's game. Something about a five man infield or some such nonsense. I told him that baseball was officially over for the year and "what game?"

Why won't they just leave me alone?

If the Fillies and the Raes played to a one million inning 0 - 0 tie? That'd be okay with me as long as it didn't preempt my "shows." I really like "Life" about the cop who was in jail but got out because he didn't do it and now he's still a cop but wants to find out who framed him in the first place. It's pretty good. Sons of Anarchy is good, too, but I think I'm getting off track.

Question: who's ugliest? Wanda Sykes, CCH Pounder, Whoopi, or the black lady on Without a Trace? Answer: They all pretty damn ugly.

Rumor is that the Brewers have offered CC 4 years at 100 mil. And Flintstone-like food. He should take it because he's fat. And then they'd have no money to sign Hardy or Cecil. Or Laurel or Beanie, for that matter.

Aramis Ramirez won the Hank Aaron award. I think it's for being the most offensive player in the league, which just seems rude, but whatever.

best to cb

Sherm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoopie is the ugliest...on the outside AND inside. Are the Phils and Rays playing? I heard some scuttlebutt about a rain delay during college football Saturday night...thats all I know or care to know about it.

69 fan said...

I saw between 2 and 4 innings over the weekend (amusing that it was past 1 am in filth-a-delphia). Included in that was the last inning of Saturdays game, Big F'ing deal, they had 5 infielders and the score came on a swinging bunt. I can't say who I want to win, as it will spell their doom, but it is not the 3rd best team in the national league. Not the team that beat the 2nd best team in round one and a team that wouldn't make a Letterman list in round 2. I'm starting to feel like I do in Hockey and Basketball playoffs, I don't care who wins, just do it quickly so it doesn't clog up sports center.
Speaking of which, sports news is now officially unwatchable until March (except for Sundays).
Whoopi is probably the ugliest, Though I don't know this pounder woman of whom you speak. Whoopi had Ted Danson for a time in the 80's as she is supposedly very tallented.
Wanda is funny, I saw her in Vegas last march.

Good for Aramis, though it's a sad comment that I learned this fact from Shermrants. Continuing education tapes were more interesting to me than Saturday sports I guess.