Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hot stove

Not sure why they call it hot stove. More like crock pot. Not much going on except for the same bozos holding out for more money.

Furcal seems like a punk. I thought so last time he was a free agent. Now I know it. Sure screwed the Braves. Again. To get a little more from the Dodgers.

Cubs are in the hunt for Milton Boardgame. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with Randy Johnson, too, for a year. If he's healthy, he's nasty, and he'd be an interesting clubhouse presence for us. Some say we need fire. Johnson brings fire. So does Boardgame. I'd rather have Peavy or Lowe, but would take the Unit. That keeps Marshall as a Cub, too, as he'd become the bullpen lefty along with Cotts.

What we should do is make a big play...get Boardgame. AND get Adam Dunn. Get rid of Pie. Give "Goes K" a year in the minors to learn how to say "why I suck?" in English and let Gathright be the fourth outfielder. I didn't forget Reed Johnson. I just don't care. Bada Bing. Offensive problems solved.

So then even if Soriano and Lee have to bat 1 and 3 because of their egos...our lineup looks like this:

Soriano LF
Theriot SS
Lee 1B
Dunn RF
Ramirez 3B
Bradley CF
Soto C
DeRosa/Fontenot 2B
Pitcher

Now you really do have to admit -- that's a nice lineup. A real nice lineup. Really, really nice. Huh? Admit it. You know you want to.

So here I sit by the phone waiting for Jim Hendry to call.

If you are wondering what to get your favorite blogger for Christmas...I'll post my list soon. Stay tuned.

js

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the Unit in the pen and Marshal in the rotation. I am really not enamoured with starting pitchers that can only go 5 innings, ala Greg Maddux in his waining years.

Do you really want Soriano and Big Country in the same outfield? They would let more balls fall than a juggling circus monkey. Sure the line up is nice but the D would be awful. We would be better with DPLee traded and Big Country at 1b.

I like sending Poopadome down to AA to learn how to hit, I think he would enjoy Tenn also.

I just don't know about Boardgame, he always causes trouble wherever he goes, can you imagine what will happen if he makes an error behind Big Z?

69 fan said...

Juggling circus monkeys generally do well at their assigned task as their focus in life is somewhat more narrow than a MLB outfielder. Juggling, and throwing their poo at the audience are their only real jobs. Alf, Donkeydick, and Boardgame would have an awful lot of poo on the field.

My predictions (remember, it's December and I'm delusional), we sign Boardgame, and that is the only other action until spring training. Pie and Fuko have good springs and we go north with a glut of outfielders. Hill gets traded.

I will make no predictions on how far what should be the most tallented team in their league goes, after all that has worked out poorly in the past.
All i want for Christmas is my bulldozer to start when my driveway drifts over. Oh, well at least I don't have to live in California.

Anonymous said...

Hill gets traded. That's funny. Hey just wondering. Is his mother's sister Aunt Hill?

Anonymous said...

'An awful lot of poo" outstanding!