Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blog Day at the Ballpark

But which ballpark?

How about we go someplace equally inconvenient for everyone? Here are some suggestions:

Atlanta -- that's inconvenient and relatively boring, too.

Houston -- You gotta love Enron Park.

Washington -- See Adam Dunn in person!

New Shea? -- Are they calling it New Shea?

I would consider Phoenix, too.

Actually, Denver is the most central, even if it is Barbra Streisand Stadium. Plus we could golf there. I can hit the ball about 400 yards in Denver.

Who's on the interleague schedule this year? Anybody worth seeing?

Note to loyal readers. Smitty mentioned that the Cubs are considering a move from Mesa to Tucson. In 2012. It's not that he "scooped" me, it's that I was waiting until, oh, I don't know, 2011 to worry about it.

Sherm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atlanta-the city, ballpark, and team suck on every level.

Houston-we can get that giant syringe and wear Clemens gear, which would be actually pretty cool.

Washington-really? no really? really, no.

New Shea-aaaaahhhh. TARP Field. Maybe we could all fly into Teterboro on the Chrysler corporate jet. No. The Mets suck, and for that matter, so does ALL of New York.

Phoenix-not centrally located, but lots to do, and a cheap flight from everywhere.

Denver-did you not get my tree hugging communist memo yesterday? And you couldn't hit a golf ball 400 yards on the moon. Seriously, what's next? You can dunk in Salt Lake?

I would love for the Cubs to move out of that ass-crack Mesa. What a filth hole the 20 blocks surrounding HohoKam are. Does Smitty have pictures on his blog of the proposed Tucson stadium? I can't find his blog, and I've forgotten the URL.

69 fan said...

I will officially vote for Denver for several selfish reasons. It's the only MLB city I can fly to in 1 leg (Seattle is not currently a MLB city). And secondly, I will likely go there any way.
Coors field is a very nice park, second only to Petco in the 7 stadiums I have visited in terms of neato factor.
Thirdly, good tickets may be easier to get there.
As previously pointed out, there are likely to be more tree huggers per capita in LA than Colorado. Not that there is anything wrong with hugging a tree.

And can the national sports media get on with their lives and quit trying to dissect the steroid thing. It's transparently obvious that stoking the fire is only for the media's own benefit and no one else's.

Anonymous said...

No, but I can dunk on the moon.

Anonymous said...

The New Shea is called Citi Field. It's french. Pronounced "Shitti"