Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nevermind

Forget the Ben Sheets thing. Nevermind.

I see the Reds signed Jock Jones and Barrel Ward. Awww. How nice. Back together with Dusty Baker. Where are Peaches and Herb when you need them?

Here's my latest brainstorm. Since I will obviously be denied Adam Dunn's bat in our lineup...I have what I am now calling "THE ANSWER."

THE ANSWER:

Trade Alfonso Soriano to the Blue Jays for Roy Halladay. Then sign Manny to play left field. It's so fucking brilliant that you are all stunned, aren't you? Thought so. Let it sink in. It is THE ANSWER.

Even if you can't get Wah (that's how Roy is pronounced in Canada, right?) -- trade Alf for some other pitcher...there are teams that would do it. Really.

I have to confess. I did tell Smitty I'd call him back. I just didn't say when.

Baseball fans are smarter than fans of most other sports. Except maybe Chess, which I really don't think is a sport as much as it is a game. I would like to see Olympic Chess, though, played on a football field with tackling. And tickling. That'd be fun to watch. Better than the people who run around on the mat with the ribbon.

More tomorrow. Just had to report the Reunited thing.

JS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are Peaches and Herb when you need them?

HilARIOUS. This is an example of why the shitty blog just doesn't measure up...no matter how many cartoons and pics of Nobama he puts up.

I just checked shermrants to see if you had printed a retraction, and you had.

Manny is a bad left fielder and a bad citezen, but just for giggles, who bats leadoff in your scenario?

For the record, Halliday is a Cy Young winner in the NL for the next 3 years. Yes, he is that good. Doubt the Jays would do it, but if they did, Alf could be a DH, which is what he is.

Anonymous said...

cripes. Citizen. it was a typo, not a spelling error.

Anonymous said...

Citezen, bad mojo must be a basketball fan.

Anonymous said...

Jock and Ward, note how Dusty loves bad black baseball players. Ward not so much but Korey Patterson last year and now Jock. Dusty is a racist, just plain dumb or both.

Anonymous said...

Jock and Ward, note how Dusty loves bad black baseball players. Ward not so much but Korey Patterson last year and now Jock. Dusty is a racist, just plain dumb or both.

Anonymous said...

Merely for giggles --

I'd platoon the Cajun Trio (sounds kind of like an Applebee's Appetizer Platter, doesn't it?)

Between Theriot, Fontenot and Milot you could alternate between the middle infield positions, leadoff and two spot. One day, Crunchy Chicken Tenders could lead off and play short while Gator Bites plays and bats second. Next day you have Blackened Catfish play. See? It's easy.

I'm hungry. Gotta go.