Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baseball

Fine. You want baseball, we can talk baseball. Geez. A guy tries to spread a little bit of culture around here and gets nothing. "I worked on my pool" or "I quit reading because it wasn't something I like." Wow. You should look more deeply into the blues music I recommend. It might be good for your soul.

Anyway. Baseball. Not much happened yesterday, except the Cards lost and we gained a half game in our idleness.

Who gets bumped when Soriano comes back from his owee? Murton? I think Fontenot. Sorry Mojo. I know you have a thing for him. He's just not getting it done right now.

We need at least two of three from the Brewers. We need to build a lead in this division for when we head west. I am telling you that Arizona is the real deal this year. We missed the boat on the Dan Haren trade.

Barry Zito. Ouch. 119 mil? He's what? 0 and 6 with an Howry-like e.r.a? And that's why so many teams don't lock up free agent pitchers for more than three or four years. He hasn't been good since he left the A's. Did Beane know? Let the 'roid speculation begin.

How can so many major league pitchers be suffering "arm strength" issues this year? Hmmm? Velocity is down. Hmmm? Maybe it's the global warming effect. Or not.

How about we lead off Fukudome and bat Reed J. second for a game or two? Just a thought.

Would you bat Big Z eighth and let Pie bat 9?

Is that enough baseball for an off day?

Sherm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOur my hero!

Anonymous said...

C'mon SHerm...keep Murton? The guy has 1 hit...he can only hit singles and is at best a bad outfielder. Derosa should be utilized as the 5th outfielder and to spell Aramis, whilst Fontenot and Cedeno share 2nd base duties, with Cedeno spelling Theriot at SS. It is a long season, and this pattern of giving guys off days will have an impact come August.

Billy Beane is clearly pretty shrewd. Zito has no fastball, and there is little movement on his once dominant deuce. Can you say Mark Prior?

I love the idea of putting Fuko and Reed at the top, but you know Lou will put Alfonso and his .200 on base pct. where he's comfy...god forbid he hit where he's told for his $120 mil.

You see, as the leadoff hitter, he is guaranteed about 40 extra at-bats, which will create the illusion after a season that he didn't have to spend as much DL time as he clearly will. I just can't wait for Thursday to get here, so I can watch his dumb ass hop to catch pop-flies and swing at 0-2 curveballs in the dirt.

Anonymous said...

I am not suggesting to "keep Murton" as much as I am saying not to get rid of him for nothing. I still think he has potential.

Speaking of potential, some things never change. Corey Patterson is batting .213 and leading off for Dusty Baker. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Soriano should bat 6th. End of story.

Sad day, long ago, when his coach told him to go catch fly balls, and "hop to it."

69 fan said...

Murton needs to clear waivers, he won't
So Hendry, I Implore you please don't.
Soriano to 6,
to remain in the mix,
And happily we left Zito alont.

Anonymous said...

WHos the rapper?

Fuk n do me is the King!