Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opening Day

Okay. So nothing ever really changes, does it?

Missed opportunities. Still can't hit a curve ball. Swinging at awful pitches. Poor situational at bats.

Theri- 0 for March
Sorian- 0 for March
Sot- 0 for March
Fonten- 0 for March

Big Z was Zuper. Nize game. Too bad we had zero offenze. I thought the most offensive thing was Kerry Wood's beard. If this closer thing doesn't work out he can always go to work doing Geico commercials. Note to Captain Caveman. Closers can't hit leadoff people. It's bad form. And they usually end up scoring.

Marmol was nasty. Unhittable.

Fukudome doesn't realize he's a Cub yet. He'll come around.

Theriot was monsterously disappointing yesterday. Swinging at garbage and taking strikes. Come on. Soriano was equally bad. 0 for ten from the 1 - 2. Yikes.

So. One game in the books and it's a giveaway. As I said, very disappointing. We have to change our attitude before we can change our game. We have to become a better situational hitting team. Did any one of these guys watch the Red Sox win the World Series last year? Did they read what that team said about their approach? About making pitchers work? Fukudome did it to Gagne. No one else did. Fire Gerald Perry today. Hire someone who gets it.

I know. I know. It's only one game. How many "one games" will I feel this way after this year?

Sherm

ps: Ernie was great. He deserved all the attention.

pss: anyone find Shike, yet? Anyone other than Mojo looking? Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody out there? (Random Pink Floyd reference)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love u

Anonymous said...

what's love got to do with it?

(obscure Tina Turner reference)

Anonymous said...

book 2 was delivered to the homestead yesterday. Marmol is the closer. Filthy. I would throw head high fastballs and dueces in the dirt to Soriano and Felix, Pennsylvania all season. Niether would hit .150. The only positive to yesterdays home opener is that I wwas sitting in my 68 degree living room, and after they shit the bed I took my dog for a walk in the 65 degree sunshine. I really don't miss the Chi-town weather. At all.