Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where's the beef?

No beef with tonight's game. Well, maybe Lou left Zambrano in one inning too long. It's a long season -- no point adding meaningless innings now. Even our bully can hold a double digit lead.

DLee is back to his pre-2007 form. Even Doc Raker would bat him third now. We are still striking out too much, though, especially with runners on base. Pie drew a walk. Throw a parade.

This has the makings to be a pretty good team. I hope we keep getting better, too, because I really think that Arizona team is the team to beat in the NL.

So. Was Murton totally "dissed" or is it because of his options that they left him down. He's murdering AAA ball right now, our left fielder is hurt, he's a left fielder...hmmm...I know, let's bring up a second baseman to add to the mix. We only have four other guys who can play there. What's up with that? If I was Murton...I'd be pissed off. And EPat does a mini me impression of Korey with a K and whiffs. Impressive. If I was Murton...I'd be pissed off. Oh, I already said that.

More later. Or not.

JS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are correct sir...Murton is out of options...if you bring him up you have to keep him up or lose him. Korey P's brother isn't a horrible option. He even took a few pitches. I think if Hendry has half a brain, you let Murton tear it up it Iowa, then use him as trade bait for a decent starting pitcher down the stretch. Or. if Fonzie the genius continues to foolishly injure himself, trade his dumb ass and bring up Murton for good and save $15 million a year. Either way works.

69 fan said...

The fonz is looking less attractive as time goes on...
Let's float this rumor.
Soriano for Oswalt.
The Astroholes love the big splash and just may be dumb enough to take him.