Thursday, May 22, 2008

2 pitches

One to Hunter of Pence, and one to Carlos Lee -- seven runs and two losses.

Bend, but don't break.

Did you know that in a 20 year, Hall of Fame career that Jim Palmer gave up exactly NO grand slams? Because he refused to lay one in for a guy just because people were on base. He believed that he was good enough to get people out...so if he walked a guy with the bases jammed, it was no big deal. One run is better than four. So he'd work the hitter and if he lost him, he lost him, and he'd get the next guy. No grand slams. Pretty impressive.

Ryan Dempster has given up more grand slams this week than Jim Palmer did in 20 years. Just saying. I am not saying nibble. I am saying "don't groove." There is a difference.

I hate to throw Mojo under the Buss (been waiting to use that) but it's his fault we lost for not giving Edmond the Labradoodle Doodler some positive karma. It's all about the Karma. For our sake, DB -- say something nice about Jimmy Boy.

Today's assignment. Name three current players you dislike more than Jim Edmonds.

js

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 players I like less than Jim Edmonds.....hmmmmmm. Jabba the Fielder,...,...,... this is taking long), Jeff 'sir grumps-a-lot' Kent, and A.J. 'superjagoff' Pierzyinski. With that being said, I'd almost rather have any of them be a Cub as opposed to Edmonds, as they all would bring some game to the park every day, something Edmonds has no hope of doing. Slow feet, slow hands, weak arm, selfish approach at the plate is what he has shown so far. If you want to hold me and my disdain for both him and this dumbass move accountable for the fact that he is horseshit, so be it. I'll not be consuming any more of the Hendry kool-aid.

69 fan said...

Karma.... one of my favorite ecdysiasts (Smitty will know the job description if not the title).
But todays issue is the more conventional Karma. The central question is "can bad mojo be cast by badmojo".
2 for 15 as a Cub is hardly winning the faithful, but if it really is the fault of negative energy from afar, I say... Burn the Witch.
What is Felix (kitten cuddler) Pie hitting.
Pete Rose (still an asshole), Toy Gwinn (zonk had great stories at camp), and hard to argue with Pierzynski.

69 fan said...

I forgot Roger Clemmons(?sp).
And speaking of dog fuckers, have you seen pics of that pooch of a cuntry singer that he was doing? Even at 15 she couldn't hold the bra of his wife. I guess it proves the addage that if you show me a hot chick, I can show you some guy who is tired of banging her.

Anonymous said...

I thought Sherm was asking me for 3 current players I like less than Edmonds. Clemens would certainly be on my list, but isn't a current player. Good call.

Anonymous said...

how about 3 past and 3 current?

Here are my three past

Eric Show -- for hitting Andre Dawson in the face

Mike Schmidt -- for hitting 509 of his home runs against the Cubs

Dusty Baker. Fine, it's a twist of the rules, but he is a former player and I hate him.

Current:

Steve Kline. Is he still playing?

Huntfor Pence

and yeah, ok...AJ

Pie has homered in every at bat in AAA.

69 fan said...

A fan got his name on Espn radio and in print with fox and espn by drunkenly falling 140 feet to his road pizza like death in Atlanta. Kyle Farnsworth (for being a dipshit), Phat albert (an entire battery in one inning), and Nate McClouth (might as well start hating him now) should all find similar fates.

Anonymous said...

Doctors are funny. I know because I watch Scrubs.

Steve Garvey
Robbie Thompson
Will Clark

Anonymous said...

you have my current list...former players....Chris Sabo...the dude was just weird. Otis Nixon. Ugliest man ever. And Woggy Clemens. Because he lies, and cheats. Cheats at baseball, cheats on his wife. Probably cheats at backgammon. Has anyone ever really played backgammon? I digress. He also threw at guys who dared hit him hard...even once threw a bat head at a guy that dared have his bat break.

69 fan said...

I just looked. Felix is listed at 1 hit in 23 at bats. Last non-pitcher on the roster. Can this be true?
It was a homer.
Keep the dog fucker for a while.

Anonymous said...

What about ET?

Willie McGee...He looked like an ostrich