Friday, May 2, 2008

Rant

Yesterday I didn't have much to rant about. Today? Different story. Are you kidding me?

Game was in hand. Zambrano was excellent. Marmol was filthy. And Wood comes in and completely fucks it up. Let's just admit it. This guy is not a closer. He may or may not be a middle reliever, but believe me...he's not closer. He's blown what? 3? 4? Already. It's May freaking second. Pie could hit him -- that's how bad it is.

I'm upset about that loss. Every single Cub played well except one and we lose an important early season game. One, it was to the Brewers who are going to be a pain all year. Two, it precedes a series with the Cardinals, and kills some momentum and what would have been a nice two game streak. Well, every Cub but Wood and Pie...Pie did hit into the game ending DP. Way to go, Felix.

You know what? Make Marmol the closer. End of problem. It's kind of sad. We don't even NEED a closer. We HAVE one, but he's playing set up man. He's lights out and he's wasting away getting the game to the ninth so that Wood and/or Howry can blow it. Trade Wood. There. I said it. Let some other team work it out. He's never been successful under Rothschild. He's piping that fastball. Don't go away mad, Kerry. Just go away.

You know what else? Bat Soriano where he belongs in the line up and not where he and his .164 average want to be. Another rally killing 0-fer yesterday. I'd sure like to see Fukudome's on base percentage in that one spot. He and Theriot are both over .400 in that category. Come on, Lou. Wake the fuck up.

I have work to do.

Sherm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know how I feel about Rothschild, but this year, even with the fact that the Cubs are winning, I am not sold on Lou. He seems to mis-using a lot of the talent, and getting wins despite himself. Agreed on Fuko in the leadoff spot, and bat Sori 5th until he proves he can take a pitch. I'd love to see the stat on the number of times Sori takes a pitch, strike or ball, with 2 strikes against him. My guess is never.

69 fan said...

I was so depressed by the 9th inning that i couldn't think of a rhyme for "0-for-fucking-4".
Can we at least try to float the Fonzie for Oswald rumor again.

Warning, offensive literary devices are likely to recur once I cool down.

Anonymous said...

It takes an entirely different kind of poetry to sum up yesterdays game. I will attempt to capture it here. Read it slowly in a despondent manner.

Titled: "What the fuck was that?"

0 for fucking four
0 for fucking four
0 for fucking four
in the leadoff spot

Go ahead and hit the ball
Go ahead and hit the ball
Go ahead and hit the ball
Spank it hard
I cannot close

O for fucking four
O for fucking four
I cannot close
I cannot close
Between us we give games away

O for fucking four
O for fucking four
I cannot close
I cannot close
What the fuck was that?

69 fan said...

I bow before the master.

Anonymous said...

here's the last verse:

the wind was blowing
the wind was blowing
the wind was blowing
him no catch ball

Blow wind blow
suck Soriano suck
Blow wind blow
hop Fonzie hop

Oh, what the fuck was that?