Friday, May 16, 2008

Smitty has a blog?

Wasn't aware of that.

Lot of good cross talk on yesterday's game. Bottom line? We are undefeated in the Edmonds era. Despite the runners stranded, eye makeup and everything else. I don't like him against lefties. I don't like him back to back with Fukudome. In fact, I don't like him at all...but we got him for next to nothing and I still say it's too soon to rip into Hendry for it.

Nice run the team is on. Too bad Marquis exploded that one inning. How do you give up a three run dinger to Khalil Greene? Guy is a strikeout machine. Not the good kind.

Johnny Southside is gonna be in the bleachers today, and I have to admit I am a little bit jealous. Hopefully, he won't have to throw anything back. Bring a sign, John, and hold it up for the camera. Something about the Bash Brothers would be great. Or my blog.

Two odd comments yesterday from the email thread. 1.) Dave Buss is God. 2.) Jim Edmonds is the anti-Christ.

I have trouble believing that God is a mortgage banker who spends his days sitting around in his underwear daydreaming about Jose Canseco. Less problem with the Jim Edmonds thing. Edmonds wins a few games for us, however, and I'm willing to accept him "as a temporary guest" and nothing more. I'd call him more the anti-Cub at this point. Hey, at least it isn't Steve Kline. What next, we hire Marty Brennamann?

Smitty has a blog? Who knew?

Sherm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I don't sit around all day in my underwear. I generally wear my jammies until about noon, then I change into some shorts.

2. I am not a god. I simply help out those who need it. For free. In 3 weeks, I will have a new title....dad.

3. Edmonds molests collies.

4. Hendry molests krullers and eclairs.

5. Smitty does have a blog. It gets updated monthly whether he needs to or not.

6. Stop being jealous of my baseball prowess, and ability to still play at a high level vs. former big leaguers and youngsters who aren't being paid to let me win. Just stop it.

7. The Cubs should hire Marty Brennaman...to clean the urinal troughs around Wrigley after particularly hot home day games.

8. 7 runners left on base for Edmonds yesterday. SEVEN.

9. What have you done with the real Ryan Dempster? Are you kidding me with the 12 K's yesterday. Was it Smitty who said he worked his ass off this offseason and would have a great year?

10. If anyone sees Mark Prior, whom Hendry also senselessly paid a small fortune for last year, ask him about this latest setback, and tell him you are pulling for him.

Anonymous said...

1. Cub jammies?
2. In 3 weeks, your title will be "tired man"
3. Collies need love, too.
4. Sell naming rights to Dunkin' -- it's perfect
5. Smitty doesn't have a blog. Get out.
6. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
7. Agree.
8. Nonetheless -- undefeated in the Edmonds era. Undefeated.
9. Um...NO. It was ME. ME. I said he was running up mountains and shit to build his legs and I predicted he'd have a big year. It was ME. (not that it matters)
9a. Smitty was hot for Pods.
10. Prior is going to be good someday. You'll see. After he's cryogenically frozen and kept in a locker for a hundred years and they figure out how to make him all better and fix his owees and he will come back and haunt us. You'll see.

Anonymous said...

I have predicted two out of two...

and I have a third in Triple AAA with the Yankees....

Dempster DID work out with a passion in January. Nice guy on top of it.

Since we are all heros of the underdog...like the Cubs...be happy for Ryan. He may take us somewhere this year.

I'm off my tagent on Soriano....now it's Lou...bump Sorry Sori down the order...and bring up Fukudome to #1

Oh no...maybe I'm not off my tagent.

Go Johnny SOuthsider!

69 fan said...

1. I wear scrubs almost every day.
2. I don't believe in god, but play one on TV.
3.Keep Edmunds from my bulldogs.
4.Hendry coached at my Med School while I was there, so I am bias toward him. Only coach to take Creighton to the College world series.
5. Smitty has a wallpaper. Blogs change from day to day.
6.I think we all know about my baseball prowess.
7.Marty Brenneman would need a bag to be elevated to douche bag.
8.We can hate Edmunds later, might need to give him a few weeks before throwing him to the flotsam.
9.I have a signed photo of Ryan taking a photo of me taking his photo.
10. I also have a signed Prior ball that I caught in the bleachers of Coors field durring batting practice. It's probably worth $1.98,
Right up there with my signed John Koronka, I asked him when he signed it if it would be woth a lot some day, he said hopefully.

This was about me , wasn't it?