Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finally closed one out

Nice to see the bullpen stop a team from scoring. Had the opportunity to sweep the Pirates and blew it. Wood needs to stop hitting batters - that's just ridiculous. He's hit five so far. Seems like all have scored.

Team needs to make defensive changes late if Soriano can't catch the friggin ball. The sun? Come on. This is major league baseball.

Anyone else think that Brenley will be handed his ass for this "dart in the dugout comment?" I hope not. I found it refreshing.

Dempster is a nice surprise. He's pitching very well.

Soto needs to learn situational hitting. He swings for the fence all the time, regardless of the count. There are some take situations. There are some move the runner situations. They need to teach him that, or drop him back down to the 7 hole.

I'm still okay with Edmonds. I really hope he starts hitting the ball. Had a base hit yesterday. He's always under the ball out in the field..."some" may call him slow, but he gets to everything.

C'mon, Gallagher...pitch well today. We are all pulling for you.

Go Cubs.

JS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reed Johnson was getting to everything just fine in center. Edmonds just looks overmatched...and I am being objective. If the Pirates pitching staff can make you look overmatched, you aren't much of a big leaguer anymore.

There is no excuse to lose a game on a ball in the sun. One remedy might be to spend some of the $20 mil. a year you are earning on a deluxe pair of polarized sunglasses, rather than the 88 cent Rite-Aid flip-downs Soriano had on. Terrible. Just terrible. I loved the dart comment...usually Brenly is more of an apologist than that.

About 15 pages left in Replay. I'll send it out as soon as I am finished...probably tomorrow.

69 fan said...

Just how far away do you stand when you throw a dart in the dug out? Are we talking English pub darts? or Lawn Darts? I could probably hit any one I wanted to with either at 25 feet. But then I probably would also catch a flyball I was camped under.

Still not hot for Instant replay? The "homer in the foamin" was a run in a game that went to extra innings. The likely reality is that many calls are botched, and now with multiple camera angles, we are just recording them instead of wondering about it.
I'm glad I could solve these problems this AM.

Anonymous said...

Edmonds wanted to play butt darts.

69 fan said...

It's possible that the Pirates don't suck. If you take away thier games against the Cubs, they would be 4 games above .500. Better that half the league.
It did appear Alf had the flipdowns on, but did not flip them down. I agree, get good sungies and wear them all the time. The worst is the nice glasses on top of the hat obscuring the team logo, fucking runway models, not ball players.

Pie watch .114. Murton .355

Edmonds .173 and a tube of Astroglide.