Friday, May 30, 2008

Jimmy

First of all -- happy birthday Doc!

Congrats on the incredible birthday comeback. Reminiscent of the comeback against the Astros back in the previous century. Way to go Cubs!

Nice game, Jimmy! Considering we gave up NOTHING for him -- nice acquisition. Even if it's just one game, DB, it's a nice game to win. Plus, how do you quantify the value of this kind of comeback? It's HUGE. HUGE.

I was in Lynchburg at the Jack Daniel's distillery when the Cubs pulled it off. All in all, a perfect day.

Happy Birthday, CR -- I really mean it. Remember Sandberg's big day against the Cards -- two homers off Sutter? My birthday. Mark DeCarlo's birthday, too.

Go Cubs.

I'll be home later this weekend, and will return to my usual early morning rant.

JS

1 comment:

69 fan said...

Thanks for the props.
Brenly said in Saturday's cast the the last time the Cubs had the best reccord in the Majors at the end of May was 1908.....Hmmmmm....makes you hopeful.