Monday, June 2, 2008

Holy Cow

Harry would have loved this!

Nice catch by Soriano in the first -- almost got DeRosa injured. Gotta like the way the guy is heating up with the bat, but jeeeeez...catch the ball, Sori.

I know this'll catch me so serious flak -- but I'm becoming an Edmonds fan. The guy can flat play centerfield, I don't care what the detractors say. I don't sweat balls to left center anymore. He gets as good a jump as anyone I've seen. (Did you see the double to left center yesterday? Edmonds got close to it...Soriano wasn't even in the PICTURE. Where the hell was he? I yelled that question at the TV, and my son in law says "maybe he was playing the line." Good one, smartass. I mean if Smitty's in left, he gets in the picture.)

Saw Ralph and Smitty on TV during fancam. That was you in the tube top, right Smitty?

Soto has a lot to learn about hitting. Every at bat is not a swing as hard as you can at bat. Sometimes you have to move a runner, or hit a fly ball...whatever. Situationally, he's not too smart yet. That'll come -- hopefully soon. I don't like watching him whiff in important situations. He needs to watch Reed Johnson bat.

Speaking of Edmonds -- another nice offensive day yesterday. Double, triple, huge walk...couple ribbies. We have a pretty nice centerfield platoon right now. (I know, I know...Edmonds is pretty and Johnson is nice.) And it cost us basically nothing. Little cash, no players. Good job, Hendry.

June 1 -- and you have to love the results and the spark that this team has. Let's keep it up. Need a big road trip -- prove that we can also win on the road.

Since the Pitt. meltdown...KWood has looked real good. Think he got a "talking to" or just changed his approach? Whatever...it's working.

Go Cubs.

Sherm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me stubborn...I won't fall in love with Edmonds based on 2 decent games out of 10. Move Fuko to center and give Murton a shot to play right. Both Edmonds' extra base hits yesterday were long fly balls hit over outfielders that were playing at the co-ed line, trying to keep him from another bloop hit.

69 fan said...

Detractors, retractors.
Jimbo the whatever I do in my own home or plumbing department of Home Depot is my own buisness, Is climbing the charts. Not yet "fan Favorite", but just above pond scum and rising. Agree, good move Hendy.
If by "talking to", you mean "hey, moron, quit hitting the lead off batter", yea, it's working.
Alf did get another outfield assist in the first inning, albeit the error and associated injury do offset it.
Murton will be back when alf hurts his hammy or calf, or quad or diencephalon. It will happen.

69 fan said...

By the way...
Fox sports is reporting that Mark/Nancy "the china doll" Prior is having shoulder surgery this week. Who would a thunk it?
Another brilliant move by Hendry.
Pisses me off though I have an autographed ball he signed in Denver for me a few years ago, Looks like it's really worth shit now.

Anonymous said...

Spraying to all fields here:

1. You're stubborn
2. Both those hits landed at the base of the wall
3. or his mesencephalon
4. I'll buy the Prior ball
5. Did he hurt himself signing it?
6. Mark/Nancy. I like that. How about calling him McNancy from now on?