Friday, June 20, 2008

Swept away by the Rays

Who ever would have imagined that?

I had a bad feeling after we only scored three in the seventh, but didn't see the whole Marmol meltdown coming. That was bizarre. Oops -- there goes that e.r.a. So. How about those Celtics?

Suddenly, we appear OLD. Which is odd, because it's not that old of a team. We are playing old. Dlee and Aram? Old. DeRosa? Old. Minimum wage centerfield platoon? Old. And hurt. Some guys need a rest. Others need a change of blood. That youth and excitement that we had early in the season seems gone...

The youth we have needs to step it up. I am unhappy with (and have been for some time) Geo Soto. His at bats are awful. Impatient. He'll hit a fastball hard every now and again. Why bother throwing him one? He can't hit anything else right now.

Time to shake things up. Make a trade or two. Go get a speedster. Or a hitter. Certainly a pitcher. Do something. Maybe Lou needs to go on a tirade. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Whatever. Do something.

Thank you to the entire KC Royal team for sweeping the Cards. At least the Rays are pretty good.

Hey Mojo...get up, the kids are hungry.

JS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking after game 2 in Tampa that Lou needs to go Chernobyl on an umpiring crew, and fire up some of these vets. Look for that to happen this weekend in the crosstown series. I have TIVO'd all 3 games so I can give in-depth analysis of my findings whilst stuffing botles in the mouths of babies. My AMerican Legion coaching season starts tonight. I've only gotten tossed once in 8 years...wanna bet this year I get number 2? As salty and sleep deprived as I am, I'll probably get it tonight for arguing balls and strikes, which I still believe I can see better from the dugout than most umps can see from right behind the catcher.

69 fan said...

A meltdown might be the tonic, it was last year. I'm not yet ready to remake the team however, the schedule makers really did fuck us over this week and the fatigue from it showed. It may be Sunday night before they are on normal rest. But it will be easier to get psyched for the White Sucks.

I thank the Celtics for putting an end to the season so there aren't so many minor sports clips taking up time on sports center.

Soto is a rookie, lay off.

Was it really KC or are the cards finally playing to their potential? It's still the Brewers to be leery of.

Yesterday's email jocularity was fun. We need to do it more often.

Anonymous said...

not a lot of docs could mix in the words "fuck, fatigue, leery, and jocularity" into the same comment. Props.

Anonymous said...

Sherm ranted: Suddenly, we appear OLD. Which is odd, because it's not that old of a team. We are playing old. Dlee and Aram? Old.


badmojo say: maybe not so old. My daughters and I just enjoyed the hell outta that.