Monday, June 16, 2008

Not bad, eh?

I'll take two of three in Toronto -- especially with a win over Roy Halladay in the mix. Could've won all three with a little more support for Gallagher. Is it my imagination or does Jim Edmonds seem to be getting 2 hits every day now? Hmm.

JMar (that's what I'm calling Jason Marquis while he pitching so well) is on a roll. Exactly what we need -- and need -- from him. The guy can pitch, and if he can keep it up, and keep the ball down...he can be a huge boost to the back end of the staff. Lot of double entendre in that sentence. Read it again and see.

We were out all day yesterday, so I didn't have the chance to wish all you Dads a very happy father's day -- so I'm doing that now. HFD, gentlemen.

More later. Or Not. Go Cubs...

By the way...that's my grandson in the picture to the left. I don't usually go for pictures on the blog, as you all know, but he's so damn cute I made an exception which is perfectly okay because it's my blog and I only have three readers. Three loyal readers, sorry. As you can see, he's decked out in a Cub shirt (straight from Wrigley) and a Cub, Jr. hat. And he's cute. His dad is a Met fan...so it takes some doing to get him Cubbified, but I'm determined to win that battle.

JS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not 4am...but I am getting closer to you. if its any consolation, I was up at 4:15.

Did the Cubs play this weekend?

69 fan said...

At a much more dignified hour,

Pitchers number 3 and 4 are doing well..... for now. Number 4 has a history of second half disappointment. But right now we can enjoy the middle of the staff opening it up for the rear end to thrust us as deep into the schedule as possible. Hopefully they can repeat this deep thrusting over and over again.

Better switch the subject, any East-coast readers may be getting distracted by now.

Now how do you like the Jimmies (pooch man and master GM)?

What does it mean when I feel ho-hum about only taking 2 of 3 in a foriegn country? Fridays game was there for the taking.

Your grandson looks like a kid. but seriously, a Met fan? Couldn't your daughter just thrust (there's that word again) a steak knife in your heart instead?