Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's a new day

Got the rant out last night. Still can't fathom Cedeno's at bat. Guy's wild. Bases loaded. Swinging like a fool at three bad pitches. I hope Lou tears him a new one, but whatever, it's past so fuck it.

So. I'm older now, and supposedly wiser. You think I'd be smart enough to know that Ronny Cedeno isn't going to be patient in that situation, but I digress.

For the birthday, my wife got me a pen that is made out of an old Wrigley bleacher set. It's beautiful. A real collector's item, and I like stuff like that. I am surprised that it doesn't smell like beer and ass, but it does not.

Yesterday's false predictions were fun. I have one, too. I predict that Ronny Cedeno will whiff in a crucial situation on June 24, 2008 because he's an impatient fool. How'd I do?

I have to go to Tampa next week. Anybody want a Rays shirt? They might be the only contender whose scalpers sell tickets below face value.

I am considering posting a chapter or two from the book I am writing for your reading enjoyment, but I don't know if anyone would actually read it. There are no pictures. Speaking of pictures, Doc Raker liked Smitty's pictures. I betcha he likes Chuck E. Cheese, too.

I'm wondering if long afternoon tea parties and American Girl shopping sessions will change Mojo?

Well, I have yet another long day ahead of me, and apparently I have to carry yesterday's loss with me a while longer. Why won't some games just go away? Why didn't he let Edmonds bat for himself? Why didn't Patterson just let Theriot catch the fucking ball? Why would you ever pinch hit Henry Blanco? Why send Hoffpauir down? Why didn't they let Leiber start? Fuck.

Twins sleeping through the night yet?

js

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twins are not even close to sleeping for 3 hours at a clip. Not fun around here. Some observations from last nights game:

1. The pop fly in question was Theriot's ball, and if he could get there, Edmonds'. Patterson is the 3rd and last choice, and as a coach, I'd want him directing traffic there, not catching the ball. If Edmonds has any shred of foot speed left, its his ball. Also, if he doesn't Jaques Jones the throw to 2nd, they STILL get the guy. Nice homerun, though. Wind aided. Dog fucker.

2. The Cubs pitching staff (minus Dempster) continues to underachieve, and I STILL blame Chummers. So many of the Baltimore runs early on off Marshall came on 2-1, 3-1, or 2-0 counts. Someone with a brain needs to start calling pitches, with more fastballs early in counts, so Cub pitchers, (especially Marshall, Gallagher, Cotts, Marmol, and Lilly) can get ahead in counts. Dr. Decarlo could hit a 2-0 fastball down the cock, as he proved at fantasy camp.

3. They should invent a dads with twins fantasy camp. It would have dozens of 19 year old Thai and Swedish nannies, all day baseball watching, and a great many scotches. Sign me up. Oh yeah, ad psychotherapy for the wives.

4. Should Lou have kept Z off the DL so he could use him to pinch hit over RonCe and Hank White? One of those two has to go, and I think its RonCe. Hank White's defense makes it OK to keep him around to carry Soto's bag until the end of the season. Fontenot can play short once or twince a month if Theriot needs a day off.

5. Nice AB by D-Ward last night. Sherm is right...patience. I'd still rather see BarryB there, though.

6. Thanks for not talking up Brian Roberts' night. He looked faster than I remember, but I'd still rather have Fuko leading off. How about him dropping one to deep center...and having the versatility to move from right to center after Lou pulled Benji's lover. Not sure I agree with the move either. Stick with the hot bat. Thats what Edmonds says anyway.

7. 14 home games in a row is enough. Lets start another streak tonight.

8. If you have 5 hours to kill tonight, the Fresno St./Georgia rubber game is on...Its for the national championship. The games take entirely too long, because D1 coaches micromanage every play on the field, and there are more good hitters and pitchers, but its fun to watch at 3:30 AM with a bottle in your hand. I predict (before the game) that Georgia wins 14-13. Fresno will miss an important extra point, and it will cost them. You've got to get yourself a scholarship kicker if you want to win it all.

69 fan said...

1 I predict that predictions made prior to an event will be significantly less accurate than those made afterwards.

2 Sign me up for that fantasy camp. Assuming that Sherm and I can go as a set of twins.

3 It was Theriot's bal. Lilpat needs to be a little less autistic.
Cost us 3 unearned runs.

4 New streak starts tonite, probably will flip back and forth to CWS game (the one in Omaha, not the southside fuckheads).

Anonymous said...

Stop it Edmonds. Just stop it.