Friday, June 27, 2008

Tommy Lasorda

Once said that he'd rather lose 11-1 than 1-0, because then you don't waste time wondering what you should have done differently. Well, I suppose that's the way to feel about yesterday's game. A thorough spanking, and although I saw a lot of things I didn't like...screw it, I'm not going to dwell on it. I suppose we need to factor in the fact that we are missing our starting left and right fielders, too...whatever. It's over. Time to move on.

Well, alright...if you insist. A couple of comments. 1. Soto needs to bring up his game when it comes to calling pitches. He's not doing too well at that, and needs to spend a little less time at the dinner table and a little more watching film. 2. Pitch selection. I don't care if we lose by 50, we need to be a smarter and more patient team to win it all. If you wonder what I mean, watch the Red Sox. Here's a good rule of thumb. If the guy before you just walked on four pitches and you are not Barry Bonds? Don't swing at the first pitch...especially if it's nowhere near the plate. You see...that HELPS the pitcher. As I first heard in little league...a walk is as good as a hit. 3. Brain Roberts is pretty good. I'll leave it at that.

At least the Cardinals lost, too. On to the White Sux. We need Dempster to pitch a good one today on the road and go deep into the game, too, if possible.

Have a great Friday everyone.

js


ps: Chandler Bing meets Jim Hendry! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chandler Bing? I don't get it?

Anonymous said...

Got it now. I decided against doing that blog...the kid it was supposed to be about might not have liked it. He doesn't see anything special about who he is or what he has achieved, so I decided to scrap it. Just waiting for a different idea to pop into my head.

69 fan said...

Tommy is Right.

I'm starting to get more concerned with the Brew Crew than the Cards. I know the Cards are winning, but I watch them and don't know why. They are just unimpressive, though they were also unimpressive in 2006.

The Brewers should be winning and now are starting to. Their youth should foul them up, but sometimes that gels (see Tampa).

Dempster is a stud, but I've said that before.