Thursday, June 26, 2008

New streak

Hey, guess what? We are 25 and 12 in the Jim Edmonds era. Another nice night last night. Homer. 2 runs knocked in. 3 walks. I bring this up only for db, who may or may not have noticed.

Now Fukudome is out for a spell with a strained calf. That's a starting outfield (Soriano, Johnson and Fukudome) all out at the same time. Thank goodness we have Jim Edmonds, huh, Dave?

Okay, I'll stop.

Lilly once again was not very good, but good enough to win. Odd year he's having.

The folks in my office got me a birthday cake...check out the picture to the left. I will only leave it up one day...so enjoy it while you can.

more later if so inspired.

js

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday....All birthdays are good.

Hope you had a Happy One and Hello to the Mrs.

Time to UPDATE my blog.

69 fan said...

I thought your BD was 3 days ago, I guess that is measured in blog time.

Man that dog banger is a good pickup. Hits for power, hits for average, smiles... all with a miniature poodle in his cup. Awesome.

I did have the uneasy feeling that we were going to fuck around and blow it. Marmols slider slid and Wood was good (Isn't wood always good). Multiple runners on in the ninth with no outs and no scoring is getting old however.

Anonymous said...

bday was the 23rd...but I don't always grace the office with my presence -- so they waited with the cake for a day I was gonna be there. Lots of fighting to eat the crotch. Some guy from accounting won.

Poodle in his cup. Really, really good one.

Soriano says he really wants to be back in time to play in the all star game. Wanna bet that he gets a bonus if he plays in the all star game? Anyone?

I'd feel better if he said he really wanted to get back to help the team, but that's just silly in this day and age.

Anonymous said...

Alright...I'll admit that Edmonds isn't hurting us as much as I thought...and with Fuko now out (what is with the calf strains?)I hope he produces more. He's still old, and when he runs he still looks like he's tring to keep a stack of dimes from falling out his bunghole, but I have to root for him.

Soriano is an egomaniacal jackass. The fact that he is being voted into the All Star game makes my point for the umteenth year in a row that the fan voting for the all star game is absolutely asinine.

Where can I get a Barry Foote birthday cake?

Anonymous said...

1 It 's not a stack of dimes, that ship left a long time ago, likely silver dollars by now.

2 It's hard to convince anyone born in the 1950's (like me) that the guy who may be the NL player of the month is old.

Anonymous said...

I'm a "roll of quarters" man myself