Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maddux tonight

There is not much to say about last night's game. Bats won it. Pitching got bailed out. Marquis too wild. Walk and balk the opposing pitcher? C'mon. Hart wasn't sharp, but first game back and with a big lead he may have been a little off. Pitching can go awry when we score 9.

I love the 6 stolen bases against Michael Barrett. Just their way of saying "you suck defensively"

Let's crush Maddux tonight. I predict Fukudome has a big game. Theriot, too. We need to see the Ted Lilly who gets people out every now and again. In my opinion, he's our number 5 right now. Or tied for 4 with the aforementioned J. Marquis.

Question -- when Ward is healthy do you bring him back? Or let him go and use Hoffpauir for the LH pinchhitter and spot starter?

Let's go for double digits tonight. Make it ten straight, Cubbies.

Oh, yeah...and I'd start Fontenot at 2b. Give DeRosa a rest.

js

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you keep Ward...the guy is a professional pinch hitter. I loved my man Barrett's 2 punch outs on Monday. Get it, punch outs. Just Z's way of saying "you suck offensively." The guy is hitting .184. I bet they wish they had Robb Bowen back. Or Edmonds. 2 more hits for Reed Johnson last night, with 2 runs scored. He should play most everyday. It's not like he can't hit righthanders....he had a hot off Corey last night. Marquis blows. He's worse than Doc Rakers blog.

69 fan said...

Did BM1b say some thing nice about pond water Jim????

Micheal (call me Mike when I start throwing out baserunners) Barret has made the last out of the 9th off of Wood in 2 straight games, can we go for 3???

The pitching hasn't been all that good, but luckily we are almost all hitting like docraker off of the machine.

Yes Prior will be pitching this series....pitching a fit because his new dress has the bow on the wrong side. I think the pink back pack started with him as a rookie, only it wasn't a joke when he first brought it to the park. I did ask a couple of the '84 Cubs about him last camp and the consensus is that he is not really tough enough to face the adversity of a little pain. Damn shame, but He will likely never be an effective big leaguer again. Hendry should offer him a bag of smarties and 2 my little ponies for the 2009 season.

Anonymous said...

Leave Mark Prior alone. He's nice. He voted for me ten times.