Thursday, June 19, 2008

Plenty to rant about

but don't have the time to do it. Got in last night at 2 am from NY -- apparently United can no longer fly in the rain.

Zambrano should have been hitting for himself. We should never lose to a team with a lower payroll than the Chattanooga Lookouts.

DLee and ARam have not been helping this team offensively. They need to heat it up -- we count on those two to drive in runs and win games...and its been a lot of 1 for 5s and 0 for 4s lately. I blame those two for our current problems. They make a lot of money to hit the fucking ball and drive in runs, and when we are losing one run games and they are not producing? Their fault. Simple as that.

Zambrano cannot and will not be hurt. I will not and cannot allow that.

That is all.

Roger the Shrubber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the Sabathia talk. Now there's a guy that can help us. Lilly and Dempster are decent enough 3 and 4's. I give away the farm to rent CC for a few months, and have a shot a a re-sign. Even if you lose him you pick up the draft picks. It's a risk, but its been 100 goddamn years. I still don't hate the Bonds idea...but the only name I keep hearing is Lofton. I don't like him. Not so fast anymore slap hitting outfielders with no arm is what we have with Edmonds, and had with Pierre and Jaques. Bonds is a bona fide jagoff, but also a bona fide run production machine. If we have to use a DH in AL parks, by god lets get one. Hoffpauir swinging 1st pitch last night down two after a walk was as dumb as it gets. I can't be the only one that has seen Percival pitch before. He will spew petrol everywhere if you LET him. And seriously, I think even Bonds makes the catch that Derosa jacked-up last night. He is not a very good outfielder, don't know why Lou sticks him out there when Murton is on the bench. They are effectively about the same hitter. I like a righty-lefty second base platoon with Fontenot and Derosa. Looks like we'll get a glimpse of Fuko in center tonight. How about a playoff outfield of Soriano in Left, Fuko in center, and Bonds in right. They won't get to many balls, but they's produce enough runs to not make it matter.

69 fan said...

I also am not expecting Z to be hurt much. But it will get Hendrys phone turning.

Look at wha artificial turf did to 2 centerfielders. Ban that crap right along with the DH.

I think I agree with Mojo's comment, and am most glad to see that he has time again to participate. I could tollerate Barry, but he may be in jail by the playoffs.

I found myself thinking of D Lee as a rally killer even before he killed the rallys. This will pass, but right now....Jeeesh.

If we can go to the top of the ninth down less than 2 runs, it seems that Percival is less a closer than a doorman.