Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hall of Fame game

I am glad it canceled. We didn't need any exhibition game injuries. Stupid game, anyway.

Good pitching duel tonight -- Dempster v Kazmir. We need to be patient against this guy...he's a lefty, so it will be our predominantly right handed lineup. That means no Edmonds. Too bad. He's been on a tear. Give Fukudome a rest tonight, too...he won't do well against this guy.

I am surprised to see that Willie Randolph was "dismissed" -- nice way to say fired. I thought he was pretty good. That collapse last year was not just his fault. Minaya has given him a team of old guys. Take away Reyes and Wright and they are long in the tooth. I like that expression. Wonder how it got started. Do teeth get longer as we get older? I hadn't noticed that.

Well...I got work to do -- off to NY later today. More later. Or not.

JS

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randolph didn't have a ton to work with...I wonder if the Cubs couldn't make a play for one of thier 2nd tier pitchers (Heilman, Maine, or Pelphrey come to mind). They need to get younger.

Anonymous said...

Smitty's blog has something to say Uh Huh!

I'm traveling...Chicago, Austin, DC, LA, Peoria, and Vegas...all between now and the 4th of July.

Chicago Weds PM and MAYBE the Sox-Cubs game Friday night.

How's the diaper changing Mojo?

Anonymous said...

By the way...
Real Cute pic.

Glad you didnt put your pic of you and Ernie with your shirt off.

Great Fathers day Post...
and Happy Fathers Day to Mojo's entry in to the Pops catagory.

As Harry would have said..
"SMITTY spelled backwards is YTTIMS"

Anonymous said...

No way the Mets get rid of Maine and Heilman blows.

Then again, maybe we could get Maine -- these are the guys that traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano straight up.

Smitty has a blog? I mean, ?golb a sah yttimS

69 fan said...

HOF game was cancelled, but the travel was made anyway. Look for Bus lag tonite.

Randolph is lucky to be out of that shit house they call New York. No pleasing them. Did you see the little Boss' comment on the DH yesterday. Maybe the AL should drop it and quit playing girlball instead.
Horses teeth get ground away. a good horseman cal tell the age of the horse by looking at the wear pattern, when it's worn out the hoses dies from starvation. You however have the option of dentures.
IYF.
Fingernails and hair do not keep growing after death. The skin does however retract for a few days causing a day or 2 of stubble to appear as a beard growth.

Anonymous said...

I have changed a few loaded ones already today. Never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I am. I've sent along pics, but you have to be an offspring of Sherm to get a pic on shermrants I guess. I also like Armas Jr. as a pitcher...the Mets have him at AAA. C'mon Cruller....make a deal for the pitcher we need.

Anonymous said...

Watch out when my skin retracts.

Anonymous said...

Watch out when my skin retracts.

Anonymous said...

Watch out when my skin retracts.

Anonymous said...

Watch out when my skin retracts.

Anonymous said...

what day is it?

Anonymous said...

BUSS SEND ME SOME PICS!

SHERM DOESN'T DESERVE THEM

Anonymous said...

You spelled Phil backwards wrong.

Now we have to change your name to Bob. Or Otto.

69 fan said...

I told you to look out for Bus lag.


Not to be confused with a lagging Mr Buss.

Anonymous said...

Do the Cubs play today, or is the season over?