Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why?

Can we beat the DBacks, but not the Reds?

If we can play the rest of the season like we have the last two days -- this team will go far. Timely hitting. Good pitching.

I don't know that DeRosa can hang all season and keep the numbers up. I'd consider playing Cedeno as the everyday 2B if he can keep hitting the way he has, and use DeRosa as a super sub.

I can only imagine that they sent Marshall down to let him get back into starter ready shape -- because he needs to come back and be the number five starter. Hill sucks right now, and Leiber is not the answer. Keep Leiber in long relief -- he did good at that.

Soriano seems to be heating it up a little. Nice thing about him is that we all know he'll get hot and carry us for a while.

Vegas was fun -- the weather was perfect. Saw "Jersey Boys" -- very good. Back here for a while...Nashville is next. Pretty sure I'll ignore the blog then, too.

More later. Or not.

Sherm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we all know that Soriano can hit...he just can't hit leadoff. I wonder if any of us realized how huge the ball-sack is that Reed Johnson carries. The guy is a winner...move him to leadoff, flip-flop Wood and Marmol from set-up to closer, and watch 100 years of pain disintegrate.

Then wake up at 4AM and get a Cub tattoo on your shoulder, act gay at fantasy camp, start your own blog, gamble away hundreds in Vegas, and blog some more tomorrow.

I wish I had the balls to do any of it.