Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fire!

So, at 5am this morning (fortunately I was already up) the hotel I'm in here in St. Pete apparently catches on fire. Not unlike the Cubs! But I'm not going to talk about the Cubs because I am very happy about everything that has to do with them right now and I just want the good karma to continue.

So. Where was I? Oh, yes. On the sidewalk with 1200 other people. I'd say that 1199 of them were pretty sleepy. At 5am. By the way, people don't look so good when they haven't had a chance to "freshen up."

Major alarm went off. I could smell the smoke when I opened my door. Voice comes over some loud speaker saying (I'm paraphrasing here) "Get out!"

Two and a half hours later they let us back in. It was like being in an episode of Rescue Me. Some electrical something or other. By then, I didn't really have time to update the old bloggeroo.

Weird, huh? I miss the earthquake and almost burn up in a Hilton in Florida. Well, I didn't almost burn up, but whatever. At least the TV works and tonight is televised.

Go Dempster. Go Cubs!

Who's Smitty?

JS

3 comments:

69 fan said...

I'll admit to withdrawals at not finding a several hours old blog on my screen this AM. I tried Smitty's and found a (thus far empty) promise of a future update. I actually had to do procedures just to pass the time.

It's only July so I won't get too giddy over our 1-2 punch, and await what is hopefully more of the same in an hour and a half.

Anonymous said...

It's almost August -- I can be giddy if I wanna...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the "2 lineups in 1" approach tonight. Stick Reed J. in the 5 hole, and you have a whole other leadoff hitter, and a decent 2nd lineup that can and did produce runs. If they insist on hitting Soriano 1st, than this is a viable 2nd option for the Cubs.

Sorry about your travel troubles. Trust me, these days I get up early, too.